Jake teaches jazz and other popular piano styles to all ages (6+) & experience levels. He emphasizes practical learning without adhering to a strict curriculum--learn what you want when you want it, & what you need when you need it.
Rates are flexible; lessons are available in blocks of 30, 45 and 60 minutes (and up, schedule permitting).
- read, write & internalize notes, rhythms, key signatures & musical terminology
- learn scales, intervals, chords & arpeggios
- play in time, practice efficiently & effectively
- train by ear
- be confident at the piano alone or in a group
- listen to and analyze songs
- harmonize melodies, re-harmonize chord progressions
- learn voice leading
- move quickly & gracefully from chord to chord
- navigate melodies, then improvise your own
- maximal performance, minimal effort
Jazz theory & harmony
Songs & grooves in ...