Under the GUI is a learning academy focusing on STEM programs for grades 1 - 12 students. We aspire to create an environment that inspires to innovate, think critically, and create with technologies on the fringe of our hi-tech culture. Our classes sizes are small, with six to one ratio, it allows for students to have personalized learning outcomes and projects.
GUI” stands for graphical user interface, or the “graphics”. By getting “under” the interface, we learn about the processes that control it. As the developer of their game, our students have the opportunity to find their innovative potential through our curriculum as they progressively master their skills in Python, GML, C#, Java, and C++ on the PixelPad, GMlegacy, Unity, Unreal, and Visual Studio engines.
Under the GUI specializes in Coding for Kids and we’re
excited to offer the experience year-round. Welcome to Summer Tech Camps
2017! Our instructors are industry professionals and love working with
kids! Register today to tinker & learn about technology with real world
Last year, we hosted a SOLD-OUT youth hackathon - The Ultimate Canadian Youth Game Jam - and it was phenomenal! This summer, we’re bringing back the same excitement with a wider range of tech topics:
No experience necessary! Join as a learner or come with previous skills and we’ll find a course that fits you! Click on "See Our Schedules" for more information.
Trusted by hundreds of families in the lower mainland, Under the GUI is Vancouver’s first choice for Coding for Kids!
- Minimum 1 student volunteer for each age group
- Certified First-Aider on site
- Certificate of Completion
- Take home Robotics Kit after completion
- Indoor & Outdoor activities for a healthy balance
- Low Instructor to Student ratio (maximum 10 students per instructor)
- An opportunity to explore a potential Career path
- Improve math, logic and keyboarding skills
- Development of design skills
- Development of new ways of thinking and foster problem-solving techniques
- Improved self-esteem, confidence and team-building & social skills
- Gain knowledge in tech topics unavailable at school
- Strong demand for Tech Jobs in the next 10 years; one of the fastest growing industries in Canada