Children's Discovery Museum of San Jose where you can expect to test, crank, listen, prod and tinker. One of the largest museums of its kind in the nation, CDM's 150 interactive exhibits lead visitors to explore, understand and enjoy the world.
Children’s Discovery Museum of San Jose inspires creativity, curiosity, and lifelong learning.
Today’s children become tomorrow’s visionaries.
At Children’s Discovery Museum of San Jose,
- Children find joy in play and discovery
- Parents, teachers and caregivers find support for their vital roles
- Youth find avenues for self-expression and achievement
- The community finds reflections of itself and
- The world finds a champion for nurturing a sense of wonder.
- Creativity Through the Arts
- Science Learning
- Environmental Stewardship
- Early Childhood Development
- Inclusion & Cultural Competence
- Childhood Obesity Prevention
- Community Service Learning
- In-House Exhibit Development
- Learning Research
- Partnerships & Resource Development
Children We respect children and the adults who support them, striving to understand and respond to their individual developmental needs, learning styles and cultures.
Play We believe play is essential to healthy development and lifelong learning.
Integrity We create experiences rooted in authenticity, a spirit of discovery, and a commitment to excellence.
Curiosity We encourage wondering, asking questions, exploring and inventing.
Intersections We value multidisciplinary exploration, unexpected insights and new connections.
Community We celebrate people, cultures and discoveries, building global awareness and understanding.
Learning We believe that interactive engagement with ideas, materials, the environment, and technology promotes creativity, critical thinking, problem solving and growth.Connect with us through our social media pages on Facebook, Twitter, Instagram and Youtube!