Girls enter the sport at a recreational or performance level and enjoy the unique combination of dance, gymnastics, music and self- expression through the use of hand-held apparatus such as ribbons, balls, hoops and ropes and specially choreographed rhythmic routines.
Practice of the sport provides an athletic and creative experience which promotes fitness and health for their growing bodies. The girls learn a sense of discipline, how to set goals, how to work cooperatively and how to build personal confidence within themselves. All of this and more is taught through the pursuit of sport at a level appropriate to each girl’s ability and interest level.
Girls are selected to join the Adagio Rhythmic Academy competitive team
based upon a number of factors. In general, we look for a certain degree
of flexibility and physical coordination. However we also look for
natural grace, musicality, creativity and rhythmic awareness. Our expert
coaches then take the new beginner and set her upon a course of
personal athletic development that is appropriate to her age, interest,
and ability level.
Adagio Rhythmic Academy athletes are provided with personal training goals for each season which can be reasonably met and mastered so that the gymnast recognizes and is proud of her own progress. As a bonus, our athletes always post excellent results at the zone, provincial, regional and national events. Mentoring is encouraged in our club so that young gymnasts have an opportunity to observe and at times train alongside the top National and International Level girls in the Clubs main Facility.
Both Competitive and Recreational Programs are available.
We are proud to have Canadian born and bred coaches, many of whom have “grown up” in our program as former athletes.
We believe in:
• Gradually Building and Nurturing our Athletes
• Developing a Strong Love for the Sport
• Teaching our Athletes Discipline and Respect (toward coaches, parents, team-mates and themselves)
• Having a Vision and Clear Goals
• Providing a Training Program which will Bring the Athlete to the ceiling of her Natural Talent and Abilities
• Creating Well Rounded Individuals and Future Leaders both in Sport and Everyday Life
• Winning Isn’t Everything – But Making the Effort to Win Is!!!