Cinecenta Films is division of the non-profit University of Victoria Students' Society, conceived as an Inexpensive alternative for students, the university community and the public at large.
The Cinecenta has a cozy 300-seat theatre that is equipped with both 35mm film and digital projection with Dolby stereo sound.
Cinecenta admission rates are:
- UVSS Students: $5.75 (only $3.75 for 9pm shows or later)
- Seniors (65 & older), Children (12 & under): $5.75
- UVic Alumni, Faculty, Staff and guest (1 only) of above: $6.75
- Cinemagic Members: $6.75
- Non-Members: $7.75
- MATINEES (all seats): $4.75
Cinecenta also offers ten film discount passes as well to non-members:
- UVSS Students, Seniors: $50.00
- Cinemagic members, UVic faculty, staff, alumni: $57.50
Becoming a Cinemagic Member
The general public is always welcome at Cinecenta!
You can join the Cinemagic Film Membership for only $17.50 (HST included), a Cinemagic Membership includes:
- two complimentary tickets
- $6.75 ticket price for you and a guest
- printed film calendars mailed to your door
- ability to purchase a 10 Film Discount Pass for $57.50
Cinemagic Memberships are available at the Cinecenta Box Office before any show.
Food and Beverages
Cinecenta has a terrific Munchie Bar with baked goods and espresso drinks featuring Kicking Horse Coffee. Damn fine popcorn, too, with real butter.
The Cinecenta is located in the Student Union Building at the University of Victoria.
If you decide take a bus to the theatre, the following buses stop right across the street: 4, 7, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 26, 29, 39, 51, 80.
If you are driving to the theatre, the University of Victoria charges a flat fee of $2.25 to park on campus in the evenings (after 6 pm) and all day on Saturday. UVic does not charge for parking on Sundays and statutory holidays.