The JAM Advanced Music Camp is a non-profit two week music camp in Nashville, TN dedicated to educating and nurturing young passionate musicians and vocalists in a mentoring environment of peers and professionals. The JAM offers students an opportunity to improve their skills to an advanced level and to showcase their talents in band performances, empowering them both personally and musically. The JAM provides students with knowledge on all aspects of a real-life pursuit of success in becoming a self-sufficient representative of their craft.
The non-profit JAM Advanced Music Camp has become the most sought after advanced summer music camp in the Nashville area for aspiring and serious young musicians and vocalists. Best known for the JAM tagline: "All music, all day; All bands, all day," the JAM is exactly that and so much more.
Students who attend the JAM are assigned to bands comprised of 5-6 people who have similar musical genre interests and instrument skill levels. Roughly 60 bands are formed each week, with each student playing in two bands. The student bands are facilitated by an instructor (an accomplished music industry professional), and students are completely immersed in all aspects of music - genre, theory, history, charting, composition, performance and collaboration. Each camp week is concluded with two showcase performances by the students in their bands. In most bands, students are meeting each other for the first time, creating instant new found friendships with those who share their common desire to perform and to play music.
The JAM is for musicians ages 13-21 in search of advancing their music skills by working with some of the most outstanding professionals in the music industry. The tremendous success of the JAM is due primarily to the students who build their entire summer break around these two magical weeks. It is their networking ground to meet other musicians and singers in the area who are seeking band members, and many bands that form at The JAM continue long after the camp ends in July.
We are adding a brand new program for 2016 called “The JAM Business and Marketing.” This program is for students who have the desire to learn the business side of the music industry. Students will learn all aspects of artist, touring and media management. We are quite eager to expand our program and offer this opportunity to those who would like to learn the business side of the music world.
The JAM will be held from July 11-15 and July 18-22 at the Ensworth campus in Franklin.
· . All revenues from tuition and concession sales are spent back on the camp, paying instructors & interns, providing scholarships and purchasing equipment needed to host 60 bands. Being in the Nashville area, many of the parents of our students are extremely talented musicians and music industry executives.
· Our 44 JAM instructors have a variety of backgrounds in the music industry. Some are seasoned veterans and some are at the beginning of their careers. All are very active in the business and passionate about music and the JAM and music education.
· Our director and founder of the camp, Laura Hill, has never taken a salary. She does this purely from her heart because of her passion for giving the students an opportunity to showcase their talents, to collaborate with their peers, and to advance their skills.
· The JAM had students from 21 states in 2015; over 75% are returning students and 75% attending both weeks
· The JAM offered 18 scholarships for a total of $6,400 in 2015
· Students from the JAM have gone on to sign recording deals, participate on The Voice and have been touring with major artists in the U.S and overseas.
· Many have become successful published songwriters.
· Many JAM students go on to highly acclaimed music schools such as Berklee College Of Music, Belmont, The University Of Texas, Musicians Institute, NYU, MTSU and more to enhance their knowledge in the music industry for performance, engineering and business.
· The JAM sponsors many performance opportunities throughout the year at a variety of venues for students of the JAM.
· The JAM is held on the campus of Ensworth High School, a private school in Nashville.
· Many bands formed at the JAM stay together throughout the year and even longer, playing local gigs and maintaining what will always be a lifelong music network.
Reviews of The JAM Advanced Music Camp
ChatterBlock is the #1 online resource for busy parents