Camp Fire Columbia is a youth development organization located in Portland, Oregon with a mission to build caring confident youth and future leaders. Camp Fire partners with local kids, schools and families to provide diverse, best practices programming that:
- Supports academic achievement
- Builds social and life skills
- Fosters community engagement
- Develops career and college readiness
Camp Fire’s programs directly serve over 3,000 kids ages 5-18 each year across an eight-county area, including the greater Portland metro region, and help serve thousands more children and families broadly each year through partnerships and special projects.
Did you know…
Camp Fire inspires youth to find their “spark”
Participants learn how to connect their passions to their future, set goals, and feel confident in their ability to achieve those goals
Camp Fire supports academic achievement
Camp Fire kids in elementary, middle, and high school consistently outperform their peers in reading, math, attendance, and graduation rates
Camp Fire centers its programming around equity and cultural responsiveness
We have a strong history of providing inclusive, safe, and diverse programming for our youth
Camp Fire enjoys support from leading organizations in the Northwest and beyond,
including the U.S. Department of Education, the Oregon Community Foundation, and the Portland Children’s Levy
Camp Fire PROMISE
Young people want to shape the world. Camp Fire provides the opportunity to find their spark, lift their voice, and discover who they are.
In Camp Fire, it begins now.
Light the fire within.
Camp Fire VALUES
We believe engaged, confident and well-rounded youth today can build thriving communities tomorrow. We carry the following values with us as we provide high quality programming to a diverse population of youth.
- We are driven by equity, cultural responsiveness, and inclusion
- We focus on truly youth-led programming that inspires young people to find their passions
- We believe a growth mindset propels youth, as well as staff, forward
- We believe that family engagement is fundamental to the success of our programs
- We value research-driven programming and continuous quality improvement
- We believe that exposure to nature, adventure, and recreation enhances learning
- We know that leadership training is crucial for effective youth development
Camp Fire for FAMILIES
Camp Fire’s comprehensive programs begin at the elementary level, bridge the learning gap for students in middle school, and help students thrive and plan for bright futures in high school. Youth have opportunities to build social and life skills, foster community engagement, and develop career and college readiness.
Camp Fire for SCHOOLS
Camp Fire partners with schools to strengthen student achievement and extend the learning day, while helping youth of all ages achieve their goals. Our instructors are highly qualified to provide students of all grades with mentorship, academic support, leadership opportunities, and community engagement.