Camp Imadene is fully accredited and has been providing successful Christian camping opportunities for children, teens, and adults on Vancouver Island for 85+ years.
Each year, 1500 campers come to enjoy our beautiful property and amazing program. We also provide a year-round retreat centre that sees 2500 people enjoy our facilities each year.
Our well-trained and caring staff are the backbone of our organization, and we can't wait for you to meet them. Come join us for a life-changing experience!
Established in 1926, on the shores of Maple Bay on Vancouver Island, Imadene has grown over the years. What started as just a couple weeks with about 20 people, has now become a year-round program involving thousands of campers and around a thousand paid and volunteer staff each year. We now have over 200 acres on Mesachie Lake, 20 minutes west of Duncan, BC.
There's even been books written about us, so if you want more information, then we have lots of stories to share.
Our activities are endless!
On the water we have: tubing, wake-boarding, an inflatable water park, knee-boarding, wake-surfing, paddle-boarding, swimming of course, kayaking, canoeing, water-skiing, a giant rope swing, fishing, and more.
On land, you can enjoy: our 1000ft BMX track, rock-climbing, rappelling, caving, a low-ropes challenge course, bouldering, atom ball, sand volleyball, geo-caching, crafts, archery, guitar lessons, pickleball, all the team sports, and more.
Imadene is an accredited member of the BC Camping Association, the Association of Challenge Course Technologies, and Christian Camping International-Canada, so all of our activities are run with the highest of care and standards.
Check out our website to learn more about the activities we offer: Click here!
- Every year, we have about 1000 volunteers who help to run our camps, all of whom serve for at least a weekend (over 700 serve for a full week or more!)
- On average, 40% of our campers do not attend church. So we are very accustomed to caring for campers who have no faith background, and we are very careful to not force any faith decisions on children or youth.
- 96% of our campers rate their experience as 'very good' or 'excellent,' with the remaining 4% as 'good.'
- In 2013, 37% of our campers were brand new.
Connection to Community
Imadene was created out of a care for the local community. We currently see over 95% of our campers come from Vancouver Island, and you can rarely walk through a grocery store on the Island with an Imadene shirt on without bumping into someone else who loves Imadene.
Part of the reason for our great community connection is our desire to sponsor campers to come to camp each year who otherwise would not be able to afford it. Our goal is to sponsor 300 of our 1500 campers each year, at varying levels:
- 100 at 1/3 sponsorship
- 100 at 2/3 sponsorship
- 100 at FULL sponsorship!
If you have a child in your life you would love to see attend, but may not have the finances to make it happen, then please contact us today!
Our beautiful 200-acre property surrounds private Mesachie Lake, providing a safe and serene atmosphere, just over an hour from Victoria.
Our main site is mostly flat, with the grass running straight into the beach, and then into the flat waters of the lake. Across the lake, there is a mountain that towers above, which we use for hiking, climbing, and even rappelling for our more extreme camps (Wild Side).
There may not be a better camp facility in the world! Come and find out for yourself.
What Kids Say About Us
- "The Camp Staff were excellent! They were so supportive, understanding, energetic and fun."
- "I would describe my week at Imaden as 'paradise'."
- "Camp showed me how much a person's life can change in one week."
- "The staff were awesome! I love them like family!"
Connect with us through our social media page on Facebook