We love kids. We love seeing them discover they can do more than they realize. We love watching them develop life-long friendships. We love listening to their laughter. We love seeing them grow and mature as they discover how much God loves them. We love welcoming them back to camp, year after year.
Founded in 1951, Alberta Pioneer Camp is part of a network of nine Inter-Varsity Camps across Canada operating under the names Circle Square and Pioneer. We are committed to seeing young people transformed by the love of God actively at work in their lives.
We have two spectacular camp locations, Pioneer Lodge, Sundre and Pioneer Ranch, Rocky Mountain House. Both are well established camps that offer a warm and welcoming environment for campers in the summer and for rental groups from September to June.
Statement of Faith
We believe in:
- The only true God, the almighty Creator of all things, existing eternally in three persons – Father, Son, and Holy Spirit – full of love and glory.
- The unique divine inspiration, entire trustworthiness and authority of the Bible.
- The value and dignity of all people: created in God’s image to live in love and holiness, but alienated from God and each other because of our sin and guilt, and justly subject to God’s wrath.
- Jesus Christ, fully human and fully divine, who lived as a perfect example, who assumed the judgment due sinners by dying in our place, and who was bodily raised from the dead and ascended as Saviour and Lord.
- Justification by God’s grace to all who repent and put their faith in Jesus Christ alone for salvation.
- The indwelling presence and transforming power of the Holy Spirit, who gives to all believers a new life and a new calling to obedient service.
- The unity of all believers in Jesus Christ, manifest in worshiping and witnessing churches making disciples throughout the world.
- The victorious reign and future personal return of Jesus Christ, who will judge all people with justice and mercy, giving over the unrepentant to eternal condemnation but receiving the redeemed into eternal life.
To God be glory forever!
Why Summer Camp?
At camp, kids gain self-esteem and independence, try new things and learn new skills, learn teamwork and leadership skills, spend time in nature being active, grow in character and spirit and find a sense of purpose.