Société francophone de Maillardville is a French Canadian non-profit organization founded in 1983.
The organization is also organizing the Festival du Bois, happening every year in March and many other events to celebrate the French culture and the community of Maillardville - Coquitlam.
Promote, represent and defend the rights and interests of francophones in Maillardville and its surroundings and to maintain the French language and the French-Canadian culture.
- To promote, support, protect and facilitate music, art, dance and traditions of the Francophone community of Maillardville and its surroundings through cultural and artistic events.
- To collect and encourage organizations and individuals that provide development to the community.
- To establish and maintain a physical presence in the community and provide support and administrative services to its members.
- To develop community activities that will promote the arts and the cultural aspects of Maillardville and its surroundings.
- To coordinate, develop and promote a significant volunteer base.