onveniently located at Avenue Road and St. Clair in Toronto, the Avenue Road Arts School is a creative oasis for preschoolers, kids, teens and adults who want to develop skills in the arts, challenge themselves, unleash their imagination and have fun.
The School has been inspiring creativity since 1993 and has become a leader in arts education, providing a warm and inviting environment. Children and adults can experience high quality visual and performing arts instruction in this relaxed and supportive setting. A large roster of arts classes throughout the fall, winter and spring terms, workshops, March break and summer camps, as well as outreach programs, help to distinguish the School as a unique learning environment.
Situated in a grand Victorian house, all programs are taught by professional artist/educators. Small class sizes allow for plenty of individual attention. The School organizes student exhibits and performances on the premises and in public venues.
What We Can Do For You
The Avenue Road Arts School gives aspiring artists and arts enthusiasts the opportunity to pursue a real passion, to ignite their creativity and to get lost in the intense focus of making art – all in a supportive and nurturing environment.
Kids study both the visual and performing arts in our fun and encouraging environment to develop skills and explore their individuality and unique, creative sensibility under the guidance of nurturing artist/educators.
Here’s what we can do for you:
- We provide an environment that is nurturing and safe for all young people to explore their creative and unique ideas.
- We give plenty of one-on-one attention and guidance in all classes and are able to do so because of capped class sizes.
- Our classes teach that in art-making there is a process and through that process students learn about perseverance and working towards a goal.
- We offer high-quality programs that teach students the skills they need to apply confidently to competitive arts-based high schools, colleges and universities.
- We provide guidance, mentoring opportunities and reference letters for students seriously looking to pursue higher education or future employment in the arts.
- We provide opportunities for students to add accomplished work to a portfolio, under the guidance of experienced, working artists.
- We supply a number of exhibit and performance opportunities for students to display their work and gain valuable hands-on experience.
- We expose students to the latest materials and innovative studio approaches.
- We teach kids to be confident in their creative choices and to let their unique voices emerge!