Welcome to the Kaleidoscope Family.
At Kaleidoscope, we believe that acting is a life skill that develops creativity, collaboration and communication. As the premiere school for young actors on Vancouver Island, Kaleidoscope has consistently focused on a single mission: Training the best and brightest students to become highly skilled, confident, well-rounded young performers. Kaleidoscope’s innovative training inspires creativity and imagination while exploring respected techniques under the guidance of our esteemed faculty, directors and industry experts.
For over 40 years, Kaleidoscope has taught that the process and preparation of acting deserves greater depth in order to connect to the heart of a story and to the character’s emotion. When acting is taught as a craft, it has the power to impact audiences and inspire culture for generations.
At Kaleidoscope Performing Arts Studio – students focus on developing technique with an emphasis on individual and small group work. Students are provided with both in-class and out-of-class opportunities to apply these acquired techniques as they develop performance and audition pieces. Our programs offer artistic training in acting, musicianship, and dance, providing students with a comprehensive youth arts education.
Kaleidoscope’s experienced instructors are invaluable mentors as actors, singers, writers and directors with a wealth of both professional and educational knowledge. Along with their firsthand insight, they provide a genuine dedication to supporting individual progress throughout the young actor’s educational experience.
If you want to have fun trying something new, while developing self-confidence and performance skills, you’ll find what you’re looking for here at Kaleidoscope!
No matter the program you choose, your child will receive intensive, hands-on instruction from the best and brightest professionals in our city. Emphasizing creative maturity, stylistic depth and professional excellence, every program that Kaleidoscope offers is designed to help young people reach their full artistic potential through a deep-rooted foundation in, and an appreciation for the performing arts.
- Professional Theatre Productions for the whole family
- Theatre Training School for ages 2-18
- Young Playwrights Festival
- Family Theatre Festival
- Spring Break and Summer Camps
- Pro-D Day and Weekend Workshops
- Student Educational Travel Opportunities to London, England, and New York City
- Kaleidoscope has performed to over 2.5 million people around the world including international tours to Singapore, Brunei, and Jordan.
- Founding Artistic Director Elizabeth Gorrie was awarded the Queen’s Silver Jubilee Medal for her work in Children’s Theatre;
- Box office records were broken in Victoria when over 10,000 people took in “The Hobbit” at the McPherson Theatre over a period of only 10 days; Followed by more broken records with the production of “The Lion, the Witch & the Wardrobe” in 2003.
- Kaleidoscope’s “Adventures In the Rouge Trade” by Robert Clinton won the Petro-Canada Theatre Calgary Play Advancement Competition in 2004, and In 2007 premiered the most recent touring production: “The Boy Who Learned To Fly” at the Vancouver International Children’s Festival.
- Kaleidoscope has partnered with Fort Rodd Hill & Fisgard Lighthouse National Historic Sites of Canada to bring historical theatrical experiences to life at the historic sites. This began in 2013 with the world premiere of "War of the Eagles" based on the award winning novel by Eric Walters.
- Graudates of the Kaleidoscope Performing Arts Studio program can be seen on the international stage, and film and television, and have attended some of the most prestigious performing arts institutions including: BADA, LAMDA, AMDA, Studio 58, AADA, CCPA, UVic, and UofA.
Studios and Offices: Kaleidoscope is located on the Top floor of Burnside Elementary School
3130 Jutland Road,
Victoria, BC, V8T 2T3