The Von Premium Childcare Network is Calgary's first, and only, directory of top rated private dayhome programs & home based private preschool programs. All programs listed in the Von Network adhere to the highest standards of early educational integration and care, as well as abide by policies that provide parents with reliability and peace of mind. The Von brand is synonymous with high quality home based childcare & early learning programs for kids. Founded in Calgary Alberta in 2007, the founding partners developed an entirely new approach to childcare & early learning. By taking and combining the best aspects of the ...
The Von Premium Childcare Network is Calgary's first, and only, directory of top rated private dayhome programs & home based private preschool programs. All programs listed in the Von Network adhere to the highest standards of early educational integration and care, as well as abide by policies that provide parents with reliability and peace of mind. The Von brand is synonymous with high quality home based childcare & early learning programs for kids. Founded in Calgary Alberta in 2007, the founding partners developed an entirely new approach to childcare & early learning. By taking and combining the best aspects of the daycare, scholastic & dayhome models, Von created a premium brand of private home based educational childcare where children thrive and grow. And now, to increase parents' access to premium level childcare, Von has developed a network of independant private programs who adhere to the same high standards of care, and commitment to children.
About The Von Premium Childcare Network
The Von Premium Childcare Network is a Calgary based connector for parents looking for premium level home based childcare & preschool programs. Our independant members are screened to ensure they all offer a premium level of childcare which employs the Von educational childcare approach & professional promise. To become a member of the Von Premium Childcare Network, independant programs must adhere to the Von premium promise. They are also checked regularly for quality assurance purposes, and have access to Von program specialists and support. We recommend these programs as the best choice for Calgary parents looking for reliable, high quality educational home based childcare & preschool!
Our Premium Brand of Educational Childcare
Von Childcare Network member childcare programs are a cut above. Each program offers children curriculum driven days in the care of a professional caregiver that has been specifically engaged for their experience, loving character and approach to childcare. We go to great lengths to ensure that our dayhomes are safe, warm and loving places where children love to be. Von Childcare Network specialiss have consulted in the physical setup of each member program space to ensure children interact within a ‘Can’ environment. Loads of natural light, age appropriate toys, learning aids, and outdoor play space keep children stimulated as they socialize and learn each day. All of our childcare programs apply the Von exclusive curriculum. Program directors have the capacity to modify programs for their specific age group in order to engage children in activities that will expand cognitive development and socialization. And of course parents love our ‘no unexpected closure’ and ‘no television’ policy all our members adhere to! Check out our Professional Promise to learn why Von members are a top pick for discerning parents! To tour a member program, contact the registrar!
Our Innovative Full Day Preschool Model
In developing our approach to kindergarten prep we started by asking parents about their thoughts on traditional preschool programs. Points that kept coming up again and again were high student numbers, lack of emphasis on academic basics, a desire for longer classes, and challenging parent communications. Our approach to preschool, which all our members apply, addresses these concerns to present parents with an option they can have confidence will give their child an excellent scholastic start:
- Class size: Preschool class sizes are much smaller to ensure each child gets the personal attention they deserve.
- Class Length: Our members offer a full day preschool option, as well as a half day option so parents have the choice. Full day classes run from 7:30am - 5:30pm so working parents can ensure their child gets the preschool experience they need to help prepare them for kindergarten, as well as childcare during working hours. Half day classes run for 3 hrs, as opposed to 2.5hrs like most traditional community preschools.
- Early Learning: All parents know that children love to learn, and excel when challenged. To this end, our team of early learning experts developed the Von preschool curriculum specifically to prepare students for their first year of formal schooling. Designed by top British headmaster Ms Margaret Smith, our curriculum is based on the English Infant School program of studies and is filled with themes and activities designed to challenge preschoolers to grow academically in a fun and social learning environment. All preschool directors within the network are engaged because of their experience and genuine passion for working with children. This ensures all students withing the network finish their preschool years ahead of the game.
- Parent Communication: Because network teachers are professionals, they are versed in communicating effectively with parents. We believe that early learning is a partnership, and our teachers are excellent at ensuring parents are informed and involved.
- Fine Arts: Network teachers offer students many different methods to express their creativity and learning. Each day students engage in music, arts & crafts, and drama ensuring a well rounded early learning experience!
- Academics: Although network teachers aim to create a fun learning and lighthearted environment, they are very aware of the importance of academics. Daily early numeracy and early literacy ensures that students get the knowledge and skills base they will need to succeed and excel in Kindergarten.
So if you are considering a more focused preschool option for your child, give us a call or drop us an email to find out if a Von Network preschool option is right for your child!