Prairie Winds Park is a large well used park located in Calgary's Westwinds community that includes a playground, summer water spray park, and in the winter a skating rink and toboggan hill.
The park opened on September 8, 1990 with a gazebo in the Grant MacEwan grove, where 90 trees were planted for his 90th birthday.
Location: 223 Castleridge Blvd. N.E.
- Prairie Winds wading pool
- Picnic site with cover
- Wading pool and spray park - seasonal
- Concession (seasonal)
- Man-made creek
- Softball fields
- Soccer fields
- Cross-country skiing
- Washrooms (seasonal - closed Friday to Sunday for winter season)
- Water fountains (seasonal)
- Outdoor ice skating - seasonal
Park hours: 5 a.m. - 11 p.m.