Young children in Oklahoma City are asking that very question every day. That’s because Ginger's Music children can’t wait to sing, move, explore, express, create and simply experience the incredible power of music.
Ginger's Music is an early childhood music and movement program recognized as one of the very best structured learning experiences that can be shared between a parent and child.
When it comes to choosing your child’s activities, the options seem endless. One choice provides more ways for your child to grow and thrive than any other, "Our Program". Ginger's Music begins the musical learning that will enrich every life, whether it leads you child to Carnegie Hall, a church choir, or the keys of a family piano.
Research proves that early integration of music into a child’s daily routine means improving that child’s ability to think, reason, create, and express. Music makes children smarter.
With more than 28 years of experience in the Oklahoma City area Ginger’s Music is the premier choice for early child music. Trained, licensed and a degree music educator she provides the most carefully researched, developmentally appropriate music and movement programs for children—newborns to age seven—both in class and at home.
Ginger's Music is a community of families passionately committed to bringing music to children's lives through developmentally appropriate curricula, CDs, books, instruments, and activities for our classes and for family time at home.
Our philosophy is founded upon rigorous research and our fundamental beliefs:
- Every parent is the child's most important teacher.
- Every child is musical.
- The home is the most important learning environment.
- Music nurtures a child's cognitive, emotional, social, language, and physical development.
- Every child should experience the joy, fun, and learning which music brings to life.
Why Ginger's Music
- Singing fosters the development of your child’s first and most important instrument – the voice—through vocal exploration, songs, and chants.
- Moving develops body awareness and coordination through synchronized movement, creative movement, drama, and dance.
- Playing introduces a variety of musical timbres with percussion instruments such as the glockenspiel, tambourine, cymbal, and wood block, triangle, and drum.
- Creating stimulates your child’s imagination with new sounds and joyful expressions.
- Listening cultivates your child’s attentiveness to sound discrimination with exposure to music from a wide variety of styles and cultures.