Walters Music Studio started in Edmonton in rented facilities in the fall of 2003 with one teacher and 65 students. In February 2008 we moved into our present studio location at #209, 9148 – 23rd Avenue, which is south of Costco at the corner of 23rd Avenue and 91st Street. We have grown to a team of 9 teachers and over 350 students. We started with the Music For Young Children program and then met the needs of our graduates by adding private piano lessons and theory classes.
The Sunrise and Music Pups programs were added for the babes to 3 year olds. So we now cover the complete age range of 0-adult. In just 12 years we are already seeing several of our students working on their higher piano grades.
Recently, one of our graduate students played her Grade 8 piano exam and received an HONORS mark. We are very proud of our students, the quality of our teachers, and the levels they have been able to reach in such a few years.
Why Walters Music Studio?
If you are looking for a fun-filled, family friendly place for your children to learn music – you will find that at Walters Music Studio.
We strive for excellence, but value the individuality of every student and the special needs they may have.
We are a family who cares for each other during difficult times such as severe illness, loss of property through fires, loss of family through death, etc. We strive to care for the needs of each child and parent as they live their daily lives. Music is important … but our music family is more important.
The benefits at Walters Music Studio are many!!
- very family friendly
- qualified & experienced teachers who care about your children and your family
- classes taught with fun and enthusiasm
- children can start when they are babies and continue their music education right up to Grade 8 piano and Advanced Rudiments
- excellent professional location
- easy access from Anthony Henday, Gateway Boulevard/Calgary Trail, Whitemud Freeway, 91st Street and 23rd Avenue
- well-lit parking lot
- lots of schedule options
- good waiting area for siblings not in class
- Music For Young Children group classes, private piano lessons, and theory classes all taught at one location
- GAMES, GAMES, GAMES that are fun and help your child learn while playing