AP Biology*

Run by The Harker School Ages 16-17 yrs



Harker Supplemental Coursework (For current Harker students only)

Enrolled incoming Harker juniors only
Prerequisites: Earned a first semester Honors Chemistry grade of 90% or higher (including the weighting of the semester exam) or a first semester AP Chemistry grade of 87% or higher (including the weighting of the semester exam). See below for further clarification.
June 25-July 20, 8 a.m.-12:30 p.m.
Fee: $1,165

The enrollment deadline for AP Biology is Friday, Feb. 9, 2018.

This course will cover approximately 30% of the AP Biology curriculum, with the remaining 70% covered during the academic year. Topics will include biochemistry, cell structure and function, membranes, enzymes, cellular respiration, photosynthesis, cellular communication and ecology. Students will complete several of the required college-level labs including studies of diffusion and osmosis, enzyme activity, cellular respiration, photosynthesis and ecosystem productivity. Successful completion of the course (83% or better) and instructor approval are required to continue in AP Biology as a junior during the academic year. The AP Biology exam will be taken in May of the junior year. Note: Textbook required.

Rising 11th graders (via Honors Chemistry): To qualify for AP Biology, a student will have completed semester 1 of Honors Chemistry with an overall grade of A- (90%) or higher, including the weighting of the semester exam. Final approval for AP Biology will be based on maintaining strong academic performance and classroom behavior throughout semester 2.

Rising 11th graders (via AP Chemistry): To qualify for AP Biology, a student will have completed semester 1 of AP Chemistry with an overall grade of B+ (87%) or higher, including the weighting of the semester exam. Final approval for AP Biology will be based on maintaining strong academic performance and classroom behavior throughout semester 2.






Map to The Harker School
The Harker School
500 Saratoga Ave., San Jose, California, 95129
Time Price
Mon-Fri, 8am - 12:30pm
-
$1,165


Service and helping others – locally and globally - is in the DNA of the Harker community. More than 300 nonprofit programs are supported by Harker students through fundraisers, advocacy and awareness campaigns and volunteerism.


ChatterBlock Is the #1 Online Resource for Busy Parents

Discover Fun Things to Do

Browse upcoming events and ideas tailored just for families.

Easily Find & Book Classes

Search for activities that fit your schedule, and your child's needs.

Coordinate with Friends

Connect with your parent network and share plans.