ChatterBlock is the go-to source for thousands of parents to discover kid-friendly activities, events, camps, classes, and local resources. If you're a business and have expert advice that you'd like to share with parents in the community, while benefiting your business, we would love to work with you.
The benefits of writing an article for ChatterBlock
- Free promotion- we consider it a win-win. ChatterBlock gets useful, relevant content to our users, and you get awesome exposure at a (very) reasonable price point
- Reach a highly appealing audience- as a business who works with kids or parents, you'll reach the audience that matters to you: local parents actively searching for activities and resources
- Our users are very social- if you supply a relevant, interesting, and engaging article, parents can easily share via Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest, or Google+ with our 'Share' buttons. With articles we think would be highly valuable to our parents, we would also promote to our followers on ChatterBlock's social media platforms (we have a solid presence on Facebook, Twitter, and Pinterest)
How to write an article for ChatterBlock
- Break it up- whether this is with headlines or bullet points, people like for things to be clear. A 1,000 word essay can appear daunting
- Remember your audience- you may be an expert on your field but much of your audience won't be (that's why they want to hear your advice / opinion!). Try to stay away from jargon, so that it's easy to read for a wide audience
- Make it original- there's tons of advice on the Internet. Pull from your own knowledge and experience to make a unique and engaging read
- Give some self promotion- not too sales-y but weave in some information about you and your business. Here's an example below of a good, discrete, approach to self promotion through a ChatterBlock article:
Guidelines for writing an article for ChatterBlock
- This is not one giant ad. Articles must be meaningful for parents, but you can tie in information about your business and have 1-3 links to your own site
- Content must be original
- They should be about 400-1000 words in length
- An original photo to be provided (attach in email)
- We reserve the right to make edits, for reasons including: grammar, readability, search engine optimization, site fit, etc. These edits are in effort to increase the effectiveness of your article, and to help it rank in Google better, however, if you disagree with the edits we can revise
Want to get started? Excellent. We're excited to work with you!
Note- you can access this link at any time in the top right hand corner of our website.
Still have a question? Get in touch at firstname.lastname@example.org
Read more about the author