You are currently viewing ChatterBlock in Charlotte NC. Change location by typing below:
Figuring out what type of school you should send your children to can be very difficult for any parent. Check out our comparison to see which is the best fit for your family.
Share this article
Choosing the type of school your child will attend can be overwhelming and is often one of the most challenging decisions parents will face in their journey of doing the best for their children. The most important thing to remember is that there is no one-size-fits-all answer. It's a decision that should be carefully weighed depending on what's available to you, the needs of your child, the needs of you, and of course financial considerations.
Benefits of public schools
According to a study from the National Center for Education Statistics, public school teachers have more qualifications
- Your child is exposed a more diverse population, generally speaking
- The curriculum is more varied
- Greater access to after-school activities
- Much more affordable
Benefits of private schools
Your child gets more individual attention due to smaller class sizes and a more favorable teacher-student ratio
- Less bureaucracy, giving more room for autonomy and creativity in the classroom
- More parent involvement
- Often specialize in certain extra-curricular activities, like particular sports, theatre, dance, etc.
- Better access to resources like books, supplies, and computers
- Curriculum is thought to be more challenging, and discipline is higher
Most schools offer open houses or parent information sessions multiple times throughout the year, some even do private tours of the grounds. Use this to your advantage and actually visit the schools you're considering for your child- you know them best!
What's Happening this Weekend?
Sign up for our newsletter & always be first to hear of cool local kid-friendly events.
Writing for ChatterBlock is a fun and easy way to share content with the ChatterBlock community.
Write for ChatterBlock
ChatterBlock Is the #1 Online Resource for Busy Parents
Copyright © 2011-2017 ChatterBlock Inc. All Rights Reserved.