With so much natural beauty in Hamilton, you can chase new waterfalls on new trails to your hearts content. There's also no shortage of fun community events and activities, we are so lucky!
Here's a handy list with 17 ideas of things to do this summer with your family.
1. Bike or rollerblade along the Waterfront Trail. They also have open air trolley rides, a fun way to experience the trails with a guide.
2. Visit one of Canada's largest outdoor wave pools, Wild Waterworks. There's four tube slides, two body slides, the Eazy River, and Little Squirt Works for kids. Like roller-coasters, there are minimum height requirements for some of the rides.
4. For a trip back to pioneer times visit Westfield Heritage Village.
5. Play a game of disc golf at Christie Lake.
6. Pack lunch and hike to Albion Falls, a stunning waterfall with great views along the way. Being labeled the "waterfall capital in the World" there's many more to find, but this is one of our favourites!
7. Walk around and pick fresh produce at the Hamilton Farmers' Market.
8. Try a deliciously unique flavour at Henry Brown's Small Batch Ice Cream.
9. Watch free live music at the Festival of Friends this August in Gage Park.
10. Teach your kids to appreciate nature at the Royal Botanical Gardens, the largest botanical garden in Canada.
11. Cool down on a hot summers day at a FREE outdoor splash pad, open daily through September. Also a fun way to explore the different neighbourhoods you've never seen.
12. Visit Fieldcote for a walk through their trails and beautifully landscaped gardens, and learn about local history.
13. Celebrate black history at the Griffin House.
14. Attend the Summer Promenade Event on weekday afternoons throughout the summer for free entertainment in the beautiful Gore Park.
15. Friends of the Aviary's goal is to maintain a vibrant, healthy aviary exhibit, planned and managed in a practical fashion by volunteers, which will attract, educate and delight visitors, and be a source of pride for the City of Hamilton.
16. Visit the African Lion Safari this summer, and get closer than you ever imagined to lions, giraffes' cheetah's rhinos, and over 1000 exotic birds and other animals!
17. Face fears on the rides at Adventure Village or play mini golf and outdoor laser tag, located in Confederation Park on over 3 acres of beautiful rolling hills, waterfalls, fish ponds, and shipwrecks.
Read more about the author