Slide The City Coming To Oklahoma City

Written by

Published May 27, 2015

The massive 1,000 foot slip-and-slide is coming to the streets of Oklahoma City this July! Registration is now open for Slide the City- a summer event you definitely won't want to miss.

Tagged in Summertime Fun, Things To Do

I don’t get excited too easily, but when a 1,000 foot slip-and-slide comes to the Oklahoma City streets I don’t know who will be happier, the adults or the kids? If you haven’t heard, “Slide The City” is a family friendly slip-and-slide water party event with live music, food, drinks, water fights, and the mecca of slip-and-slides: a 1,000 foot long, soapy piece of vinyl. Just in case you’re not grasping just how long that is, well let me tell you, 1,000 feet is longer than THREE football fields! It is padded, plus you bring floaties to help slide through.

Make sure you also bring your water buckets, water guns, super soakers, water balloons, or anything else that can help you defend yourself and get others soaking wet!

Coming to Oklahoma City- July 25th, 2015

On July 25th, get ready to get wet and have fun. So mark your calendars and get your tickets, because registration is OPEN. The exact location is N Shartel & NW 8th Street.

Click Here To Register

(this will take you to the official Slide The City website)

Deadlines To Know For Price Changes

Loyalty Pricing:                  June 5th
Early Bird Registration:      June 26th
Regular Registration:         July 24th
Day-Of Registration:          July 25th

Ticket Info & Prices (Updated for new information)

Single Slider- you'll receive a wristband allowing you one slide throughout the day. You'll also receive goodies including a water gun and mouth guard. This option is regularly $25 with online registration, $30 on the day of the event, and there will be a $20 early bird deal or $15 for loyalty registration.

Triple Slideryou'll receive a wristband allowing you three slides throughout the day. You'll also receive goodies including a water gun and mouth guard. This option is regularly $40 with online registration, $45 on the day of the event, and there will be a $35 early bird deal or $30 for loyalty registration.

VIP Slideryou'll receive a wristband allowing you unlimited slides throughout the day, PLUS, one hour before the slide opens for VIPer's only. You'll also receive goodies including a water gun (upgraded!), t-shirt, tube, hat and mouth guard. This option is regularly $60 with online registration, $65 on the day of the event, and there will be a $55 early bird deal or $50 for loyalty registration.

A Glance At The First ‘Slide The City’ Event in Salt Lake City

The first Slide The City event in Salt Lake City, Utah was a huge success last summer! If you check out their site or Facebook page, you’ll see tons of photos and videos. Notice the huge smiles on everyone’s face!

3,000 tickets were available and each one of them sold out. So make sure you get your ticket quick! Ticket prices were from $15/single slide – $25/ triple slides and $35 for unlimited access. There were also VIP Tickets for $45 which gave an hour of exclusive sliding for VIP pass holders, plus lunch, t-shirt, and hat. All proceeds went towards Ronald McDonald House and the Utah Aids Foundation.

Looks like they had a BLAST!

Slide The City Coming to Vancouver

Keep Up-To-Date With All Family Friendly Oklahoma City Events

We at ChatterBlock make it our mission to have the most comprehensive event listings in the city that are kid-friendly. While Slide The City coming to Oklahoma City is definitely a highlight of the summer, there’s always tons of fun things happening in the community!

Written by Joelle Blaikie

Trying to make lives easier one parent at a time.

Joelle is the Product Manager at ChatterBlock and is eager to share interesting stories, upcoming events, and fun ideas to do with your kids & family. Passionate about her community, avid traveler, and proud auntie.

Want to get in touch? I'd love to hear from you. Email me at joelle.blaikie@chatterblock.com

Comments

TedBeth Miller
Votes: 1

I think this is awesome and I can't wait

Posted by TedBeth M on Jan 24, 6:57 p.m. | Like | Flag as abuse

Votes: 2

WOW, $60 a head. A family of 4 can have a great time on $240 !! Stay home and break out the water hose in the backyard. Donate the money to your local shelter.

Posted by user_10334 on Jan 26, 5:56 p.m. | Like | Flag as abuse

Lori Sanderson
Votes: 1

This looks like a blast! Looking forward to learning all of the details and having fun with our family and community! :)

Posted by Lori S on Jan 31, 10:51 a.m. | Like | Flag as abuse

Danny Jarvill
Votes: 0

DALLAS NEEDS THIS..

Posted by Danny J on Mar 20, 11:17 p.m. | Like | Flag as abuse

Votes: 1

Its nice to see the community having fun with family friendly events

Posted by Karissa J on Apr 16, 1:15 a.m. | Like | Flag as abuse

Tara McKeever
Votes: 0

To bad they dont have family passes, Did they forget that they are in Oklahoma and not everyone here is made of money. I have 4 people in my family (Me, husband, 2 kids) and I cant afford this because I wont leave anyone out.

Posted by Tara M on May 14, 9:57 p.m. | Like | Flag as abuse

Vivi Martinez
Votes: 3

Tara M, your comment should not represent Oklahoma in general, if you are used to getting government help and cheap deals, then this is not the type of event for you , not every place you go will have pitty on you and give you things for cheap or for free. If you cant afford a family fun day then maybe you should consider doing something else with your life. I am sure you can save $15 every now and then. Do the math and maybe you are already spending more money than that on some unnecessary crap.

Posted by Vivi M on May 21, 6:56 a.m. | Like | Flag as abuse

Jeremy Mitchell
Votes: 1

SMH at some of the negative comments. I can't afford a Mercedes or big house but you don't see me complaining about those prices. If you can't afford something, go do something else. Why complain. If you think they should offer this at a more affordable rate, why don't you set something up and see what happens.

Posted by Jeremy M on May 21, 7:04 a.m. | Like | Flag as abuse

Elisa Lucas
Votes: 1

I'm not on any government help.. and I can't afford it either. Negative comments directed toward people that do receive government help really makes me mad.. Not everyone receiving benefits are freeloaders. . Lighten up people! !!! I have 5 grandkids... no way I can afford $60 each a ticket. Yes I work full time! There should be a family pass or group pass yo help out.

Posted by Elisa L on May 21, 8:24 a.m. | Like | Flag as abuse

Votes: 0

Me and my husband are looking forward to the slide. Even though we are Senior Citizens that is not going to stop us. We love to try new things and cant wait for the slide...Thank You

Posted by user_12059 on May 21, 6:45 p.m. | Like | Flag as abuse

Sharon Stotts
Votes: 2

You all keep saying you can't afford $60 each person. Then why not take one slide for $20 and enjoy the day?

Posted by Sharon S on May 21, 8:30 p.m. | Like | Flag as abuse

Chats: 3
Votes: 1

Yes, for unlimited it is a bit steep for families and it is being advertised as a FAMILY event. The lady (and I use that word losely), jumping to conclusions she clearly has no understanding of, needs to get off her high horse and shut up! You are accusing someone of asking for something she did not and living in a way that you do not know to be true! It is statements like yours that start idiot wars online and controversy for no reason at all! I don't believe it is your job to be a personal judge and jury for anyone. I could take a guess at how you live your life too, but that's not my job either. Now, if you would like to state your opinion of the cost that is fine, however, personally attacking people is NOT okay you are bullying her and I'm not going to sit still for it! Zero tolerance! I am flagging your post. With your attitude I'm sure you will try to retaliate. I DO have a family, a job, and if I choose to, I can save my money and we can participate in any way we choose. I own my home (no mortgage), I own my vehicles, (no payments), I pay my bills, and I participate in community events. We do not live on welfare. I do however understand the person you commented on opinion that if everyone in her family could not participate due to cost then no one in her family will. That is called being a loving and caring parent regardless of social statues. Now, can we all get back on the ACTUAL subject, which was this event itself and not a platform for whatever your other agenda is here. This post is about "Slide The City" not opinions of others. You can find somewhere else to attack individuals.

Posted by user_12074 on May 22, 3:21 a.m. | Like | Flag as abuse

Votes: 0

I wish they bring it to arkansas,we would love it and i agree stop with the negative comments people. I do believe they should offer a family package cause even at 20 dollars a person can get a lil expensive and kids dont want just one slide so come on ppl .

Posted by user_12084 on May 22, 3:08 p.m. | Like | Flag as abuse

April Anderson
Votes: 0

I think it looks like a lot of fun! But the proving is ridiculous. For $40 bucks I can almost get pay for two entries to an all day water park with a lot more to offer. I will still go drive down to see it because I'm Curious to see what it looks like and how they set it up! :)

Posted by April A on May 23, 4:41 a.m. | Like | Flag as abuse

Jaimee Steed
Votes: 0

Ya i will stick with white water bay! This is ridiculously high just to slide down a long slide. No thanks!!

Posted by Jaimee S on May 27, 9:14 a.m. | Like | Flag as abuse