Slide The City Coming To Nashville

Published Apr 16, 2015

Slide The City, the family friendly water event featuring a slip-and-slide over 3 football fields long, has released their Nashville date- July 18 2015. Mark your calendars!

I don’t get excited too easily, but when a 1,000 foot slip-and-slide comes to the Nashville streets I don’t know who will be happier, the adults or the kids? If you haven’t heard, “Slide The City” is a family friendly slip-and-slide water party event with live music, food, drinks, water, and the mecca of slip-and-slides: a 1,000 foot long, soapy piece of vinyl. Just in case you’re not grasping just how big 1,000 feet is, well let me tell you, 1,000 feet is longer than THREE football fields! It is padded, plus you’re welcome to bring floaties to help slide through.

Bring water balloons, water guns, and anything that will be able to get people soaking wet.

Coming to Nashville, TN- Saturday, July 18th 2015

Slide The City has officially announced Nashville and the site says that registration will opening soon. The date set is: July 18, 2015, according to the site. So mark your calendars! In order to make sure you get tickets at the earliest opportunity, I'd suggest singing up for their newsletter, they'll notify you as soon as registration opens! Here's the link: http://www.slidethecity.com/events/nashville/

We're still not sure where the exact location of slide will be in the streets of Nashville, until then, we'll have to let our imaginations run wild!

Ticket Info & Prices

Single Slider- you'll receive a wristband allowing you one slide throughout the day. You'll also receive goodies including a water gun and mouth guard. This option is regularly $20 with online registration, $25 on the day of the event, and there will be a $15 early bird deal.

Triple Slideryou'll receive a wristband allowing you three slides throughout the day. You'll also receive goodies including a water gun and mouth guard. This option is regularly $35 with online registration, $40 on the day of the event, and there will be a $30 early bird deal.

VIP Slideryou'll receive a wristband allowing you unlimited slides throughout the day, PLUS, one hour before the slide opens for VIPer's only. You'll also receive goodies including a water gun (upgraded!), t-shirt, tube, hat and mouth guard. This option is regularly $55 with online registration, $60 on the day of the event, and there will be a $50 early bird deal.

Dates for registration pricing changes aren't yet listed, so if you want to snap up those early bird deals, keep a watchful eye of when registration opens.

Ages- children must be either over 46 inches tall or over 5 years old in order to slide. Anyone under the age of 18 will need a legal guardians signature to participate. The event as a whole is totally free to attend for ALL ages, so even if your little one can't tackle the slide, it will be tons of fun to watch and get people wet!

Salt Lake City, Utah- First ‘Slide The City’ Event

The first Slide The City event in Salt Lake City, Utah was a huge success last summer! If you check out their site or Facebook page, you’ll see tons of photos and videos. Notice the huge smiles on everyone’s face!

3,000 tickets were available and each one of them sold out. So make sure you get your ticket quick! Ticket prices were from $15/single slide – $25/ triple slides and $35 for unlimited access. There were also VIP Tickets for $45 which gave an hour of exclusive sliding for VIP pass holders, plus lunch, t-shirt, and hat. All proceeds went towards Ronald McDonald House and the Utah Aids Foundation.

Looks like they had a BLAST!

Slide The City Coming to Vancouver

Slide the City

Keep Up-To-Date With All Family Friendly Nashville Events

We at ChatterBlock make it our mission to have the most comprehensive event listings in Nashville that are kid-friendly. While Slide The City coming to Nashville is definitely a highlight of the summer, there’s always tons of fun things happening in the community!

Comments (16)

January 22, 2015, 5:46 p.m. Flag

I have a question.... I have a family of 5, me & 4 kids then my sister (who moved in to help me thru breast cancer & all the after effects still dealing with) has a family of 3, her & 2 kids so that's a grand total of 8 in my house hold. Ages ranging from 17-4 (4yr old will be 5 by then), but is there no group deals? That would be $160 for all of us to go ONE time & I can't speak for the 17yr old but I know 100% the 12,11,11,5 & 5(when we get there) will want to do it way more than once. The unlimited wristband for us all would be $440 & that's just way to much. Were single mothers, I'm on disability & most of her money goes to household bills & food. It's just a thought, making it where not just the kids with rich PARENTS get to go over & over. Thanks, Meme

January 22, 2015, 6:03 p.m. Flag

I am also interested in group rates.

Savannah P
January 23, 2015, 7:05 p.m. Flag

The proceeds go to charity so no it does not only exist to make money. If you are on disability, you can probably contact the company and get discounted tickets. Especially since it's a charity event. If you still can't afford it, a tarp with some soap and a hose always seemed to do the trick while I was growing up...

January 23, 2015, 7:19 p.m. Flag

I can't wait to take my 6 year old to this.
And while I am a single Mom and FAAAAR from "rich", we will be buying the unlimited pass for both of us (as long as they don't sell out lightning fast!)
I think the price is quite fair and affordable...not much more than the price of a day at the state fair, including tickets, rides, food, etc.
Plus it goes to charity! HUGE bonus!
It is all what you make a priority.
My priority was to stop at one child, knowing I could afford to do awesome things like this, give her amazing experiences like yearly trips to Disney, cruises, etc. rather than give her a bunch of siblings who cost a fortune just to clothe, feed and house.
To each their own...

January 23, 2015, 9:48 p.m. Flag

Interesting reading since this has no effect on me personally. If younger, I WOULD LOVE this ride. Being said, I think a group package would be ideal, this lady said her sister with two kids live with her due to illness. It's not as tho she planned an illness, so what's the problem with a discount, it's a charitable event. Now, families with many children will have choices to MAKE, can we afford this, do we want to give up something else and would it be worth it? Then they have to work out THE money. The person who has one child so she can take her to Disneyland every year, dancing lessons anything the child desires. Wonder if they know how lonely a child is, compared to the "high"life. It's a personal maybe medical, choice, THEIRS. Do they realize that they won't live forever? Who will that child have to be her family?. Now, when people with medical problems want to go "richness" should not be a question. There should be something in place already to help the truly needy not poor, but needy due to illness and inability to work. Bad enough to be hurt, sick then miss ALL fun things too. We help with special events, so why not others who just can't afford it because THEY have ill parents..
We know not everyone can go but help those who apply early, no need to advertise, just go by date of application, what their NEED is. When the money is gone, free time has to be over, too. Good Luck. Kinda feel sorry for any single child cause they grow up lonely in a way the rest of us with siblings don't. Most want a sibling, but there ARE medical and personal reasons for one child. Sorry, did not mean to cover all the comments.😊

January 25, 2015, 1:06 p.m. Flag

My question is not as deep as the other comments.... The article says that it is over 1000 feet, right? Does is go downhill?, because if it doesn't go slightly downhill, won't you have to push yourself to keep sliding??

February 5, 2015, 5:31 p.m. Flag

my question is...
Where in Nashville will this slide be... because I agree, it needs to be down hill.

2 comments
April 16, 2015, 5:05 a.m. Flag

I think just because you have one child and can do whatever the child wants doesn't mean you should comment that for the lady with the illness to see because that could've hurt her feelings. It would've mine for sure. It's almost like you're saying she shouldn't have more than one child so she can afford this stuff and that's not right? The tickets are kind of pricey. For $440.00 you could do something else which would still be fun and you would have more"rides" than just a slide. Like lake Winnie or beach bend. Tell me what child is gonna wanna take a trip down the slide only once? Unless it's not down hill and they have to push themselves.

2 comments
April 16, 2015, 5:15 a.m. Flag

I think just because you have one child and can do whatever the child wants doesn't mean you should comment that for the lady with the illness to see because that could've hurt her feelings. It would've mine for sure. It's almost like you're saying she shouldn't have more than one child so she can afford this stuff and that's not right? The tickets are kind of pricey. For $440.00 you could do something else which would still be fun and you would have more"rides" than just a slide. Like lake Winnie or beach bend. Tell what child is gonna wanna take a trip down the slide only once? Unless it's not down hill and they have to push themselves. And priority should be bills first.... not a water slide. ....
This is for the rude lady that needs some waking up to do.

Donnie V
April 16, 2015, 9:47 p.m. Flag

If any of you have been to downtown nashville, you would realize that broadway goes downhill starting at 8th Avenue i believe but does come to a flat point at about 4th. But up more toward west end coming down to broadway seems more ideal but then there is also Demumbreun street in front of all the bars. Who knows though cause there are lots of areas they could do this. Nashville is all up and down hills throughout. As for the price and multiple kids, no need for anyone to judge anyones situation. It is pricey but contact the company putting this together and see if they have group deals. Otherwise people could be nice and help out others by paying for an extra ticket for someone to use instead of being negative. Be kind and understanding folks. This is Nashville, known as one of the nicest places to visit and most friendly folks around, lets live up to thar.

April 17, 2015, 6:16 a.m. Flag

To the lady with a family of 8. I'd like to help out and donate $20. It's not much, but i also have a family of 5. But it's a little closer to your family having a great time together. Can anyone tell me how to do this?

April 19, 2015, 7:17 a.m. Flag

What about discount for special needs kids and there families??????

Chad R
1 friend
April 21, 2015, 10:54 a.m. Flag

Do they realize that there will be several thousand more people in town for a convention that requires LP Field?

April 21, 2015, 12:45 p.m. Flag

Chatterblock can not answer questions about discounts for groups or our other circumstance. Those should go to the event organizers. http://www.slidethecity.com/

Serena L
May 29, 2015, 11:11 a.m. Flag

Has any group rates been determined and is this going to happen for sure

June 3, 2015, 7:41 a.m. Flag

ProTip- Please don't lead with "give me a discount because I have an illness and a harem of kids". It looks as if you are looking for handouts. I have more than one kid and my husband and I both work demanding jobs so we can provide for our children, both necessities and experiences. Why should we have to pay more than you?
By all means, inquire about a group rate, but don't lead with the pity card in hopes of getting a lower price than myself and my family.