My fiance and I have an incredible relationship. After just over 3 years of being together and both of us always making an effort to incorporate the "little things," we both agree that this is one of the keys to a great partnership. Here's a few ideas that are definitely worth giving a shot!
1. Cook together! Sometimes it's the only time in the day you get when you can actually do something together! Get in the kitchen and have fun with it. It's a great little bonding session!
2. Guys like gifts too!I don't know about your man, but mine does not want flowers delivered to the door (lol) So, I had to get a little creative. Bring him his favorite magazine once a month when the issue comes out. Or a favorite chocolate bar. Even his favorite beer.
3. Leave post it notes around the house. Put one on the bag he takes to work or on her favorite coffee cup she doesn't leave home without!
4. Say goodnight to the kids. Hop into bed. And don't turn on the TV or pick up the phone! Find something else to do. Ask each other how the day went. Reminisce on old memories. Get re-acquainted!
5. Celebrate a few days of the year instead of just your anniversary! Go and paint the town red once a year on the day you first met, or the first day you kissed... Or the day you got engaged. Why not? It gives you an excuse for a date night and to be extra sweet and cuddly with each other.
6. Watch the game together! I think its a proven fact that sports brings people together! Even if its not "your thing," you'll be having a ton of fun by half time I promise!
7. Guys, run her a bath! Just do it! We love baths! 10 extra points for bubbles and candles!
8. Leave a surprise under his/her pillow. Anything that's a "favorite."
9. Go for a walk around your neighborhood and hold hands the whole time. Around the block. To the mailbox. Wherever. Just make the time for a couple minutes together hand in hand.
10. Leave him a kiss in an unexpected place! (Mirrors are great ladies! Its basically the first thing he looks at once he gets out of bed - after admiring you of course!)
Read more about the author
The little things are what's most important. Another thing you may want to think about--never go to bed angry. Instead, stay up and fight! My spouse and I have been married just about 2 1/2 years, and that's what my grandparents told us when we got engaged. They're going on 65+ years together so they must be doing something right!