You are currently viewing ChatterBlock in Charlotte NC. Change location by typing below:
Relationships take work. And life is busy! But that doesn't always have to mean that you and your sweetheart come last on the list. Here's a few (tried, tested and true) different ways to let each other know throughout the days and the months that seem to fly by, "I still love you."
Share this article
My fiance and I have an incredible relationship. After just over 3 years of being together and both of us always making an effort to incorporate the "little things," we both agree that this is one of the keys to a great partnership. Here's a few ideas that are definitely worth giving a shot!
1. Cook together! Sometimes it's the only time in the day you get when you can actually do something together! Get in the kitchen and have fun with it. It's a great little bonding session!
2. Guys like gifts too!I don't know about your man, but mine does not want flowers delivered to the door (lol) So, I had to get a little creative. Bring him his favorite magazine once a month when the issue comes out. Or a favorite chocolate bar. Even his favorite beer.
3. Leave post it notes around the house. Put one on the bag he takes to work or on her favorite coffee cup she doesn't leave home without!
4. Say goodnight to the kids. Hop into bed. And don't turn on the TV or pick up the phone! Find something else to do. Ask each other how the day went. Reminisce on old memories. Get re-acquainted!
5. Celebrate a few days of the year instead of just your anniversary! Go and paint the town red once a year on the day you first met, or the first day you kissed... Or the day you got engaged. Why not? It gives you an excuse for a date night and to be extra sweet and cuddly with each other.
6. Watch the game together! I think its a proven fact that sports brings people together! Even if its not "your thing," you'll be having a ton of fun by half time I promise!
7. Guys, run her a bath! Just do it! We love baths! 10 extra points for bubbles and candles!
8. Leave a surprise under his/her pillow. Anything that's a "favorite."
9. Go for a walk around your neighborhood and hold hands the whole time. Around the block. To the mailbox. Wherever. Just make the time for a couple minutes together hand in hand.
10. Leave him a kiss in an unexpected place! (Mirrors are great ladies! Its basically the first thing he looks at once he gets out of bed - after admiring you of course!)
Relatable. Real. Honest and Opinionated.....
Every family has their own kind of crazy! My door is open.... Come on in, grab a coffee and let me tell you about mine!
Best blog I've ever read!
Posted by Jace K on Dec 10 '14, 4:45 p.m. |
| Flag as abuse
Agree, little thing matter a lot! i tell my partner that he is such a good father to his kids and i love how he connect and care for our kids, i let him know how much he is appreciated for all he does for our family, this don't cost nothing but worth a lot!
Posted by Sithembile D on Jan 6 '15, 11:43 a.m. |
| Flag as abuse
The little things are what's most important. Another thing you may want to think about--never go to bed angry. Instead, stay up and fight! My spouse and I have been married just about 2 1/2 years, and that's what my grandparents told us when we got engaged. They're going on 65+ years together so they must be doing something right!
Posted by Jennifer O on Feb 3 '15, 10:16 a.m. |
| Flag as abuse
What's Happening this Weekend?
Sign up for our newsletter & always be first to hear of cool local kid-friendly events.
Writing for ChatterBlock is a fun and easy way to share content with the ChatterBlock community.
Write for ChatterBlock
ChatterBlock Is the #1 Online Resource for Busy Parents
Copyright © 2011-2017 ChatterBlock Inc. All Rights Reserved.