You are currently viewing ChatterBlock in Charlotte NC. Change location by typing below:
Get in the Halloween spirit this year by taking the family to these amazing events!
Here's the list of top kid friendly Halloween events in Halifax 2017!
Looking for the best Halloween events in Halifax this year?
This Halloween, with haunted houses, tours, festivals, and more, there's tons of activities you can enjoy with your whole family in Halifax.
Wear your most spectacular Halloween costume to Discovery Centre’s Spooktacular Science Halloween Party and join the staff and volunteers for the most epic Halloween-themed party of the season. With family friendly experiments, eye-popping demos, costume competitions and Halloween crafts all included with the price of admission it’s sure to a bone chillingly good time. For an additional $2 add on a seat in one of their special immersive dome theatre shows to marvel at the more gruesome legends of the night’s sky.
Event by : Discovery Centre
Event Date : Oct 28
Visit Shubenacadie Wildlife Park this Halloween for tricks and treats, where the animals can see your Halloween costumes. Surprise the wildlife with your outfits and they have some surprises for you. Regular park admission applies.
Event by : Shubenacadie Wildlife Park
Tickets : Adult $3.25 Youth (6-17) $1.75
Selfie with the scariest Celebrities and Ghosts, Simulated Casket Ride, Visiting the witch's trick or trear house and yard haunt are few of the many spooky events that you can participate in at this year's Bluenose Ghost Festival.
Event by : Alderney Landing
Tickets : $12
Participating in parades are one of the best ways to start off your Halloween celebrations. Like every year the Hal-Con is hosting a fun & family friendly halloween parade in Halifax. So start preparing for your costumes, decorations & flags, because there will be awards & prizes for the most colorful, best spirit, most humorous, grand marshal’s pick & best overall entry.
Event by : Hal-Con
Tickets : Free
The Woodlawn Library has lined up a few events this Halloween. This includes two puppet shows from 10:30 - 11 a.m. and 11:15 - 11:45 a.m. There is also screening of the movie Hotel Transylvania 2 in their auditorium at 1.30 pm
Event by : Woodlawn Public Library
Event Date : Oct 27
Every autumn Sunday after sunset, the Good Robot Brewing Company screen an outdoor film for viewing and brewing pleasure. On Halloween weekend you can choose from one of the following two movies to enjoy with your family.
Event Date : Oct 29-Hocus Pocus
Oct 39- Army of Darkness & Drag Me to Hell
Event by : Good Robot Brewing Company
Event by : Maritime Museum
Event Date : Oct 31
You can also check out few of the many events being hosted at Keshen Goodman Public Library this halloween. Following is the list of these events-
1. Halloween costume Puppet Show- Oct 25
2. Halloween Haunted House- Enter if you dare! Visit the library a few days before Halloween for the Library's annual haunted house. Only the brave of heart will be able to make it through our house filled with spooky sights, gross goodies, and mysterious monsters. Oct-26
3. A Spooky In-Service Day Celebration- Visit for an exciting line up of Halloween activities. Bring a blank pillow case or t-shirt to screen print a spooky Halloween image on your treat bag or outfit. They will also be making Halloween slime, scary squishy circuits, and tasting candy apples and popcorn Oct 27
4. Ghost StoryWalk- Enjoy a Ghost StoryWalk! They will take you to walk around the Library property while reading Linda Williams' interactive Halloween story, The Little Old Lady Who Was Not Afraid Of Anything - and while hunting for ghosts along the way! Costumes are welcome. StoryWalk® is an innovative and delightful way for families to enjoy reading and the outdoors at the same time. Laminated pages from a children's book are attached to wooden stakes, which are installed along an outdoor path. Oct-28
5. Halloween Boo Bash- Wear your boo-tiful costume for a spooky good time with this Halloween themed party. They will have songs, stories, exciting crafts, activity stations, and dancing. This spooktacular event is one you won't want to miss. Oct 28
Event by : Keshen Goodman Public Library
Apart from these Halloween special events, you can also consider taking Ghost tours which happen for an extended periods. Few of our favourite tours are-
1. Halifax Citadel Ghost Tour ($8 - $35)
2. Ghost walk of Historic Halifax by Tattle Tours ($15 per person)
3. The Halifax Ghost Walk
Share this article
Hi there. These are some great events, but few toddler-friendly ones. Is there anything going on for the five-and-under crowd?
Posted by user_13640 on Oct 14, 10:48 a.m. |
| Flag as abuse
What's Happening this Weekend?
Sign up for our newsletter & always be first to hear of cool local kid-friendly events.
ChatterBlock Is the #1 Online Resource for Busy Parents
Copyright © 2011-2017 ChatterBlock Inc. All Rights Reserved.