Keeping kids engaged and active is something all parents want but lets face it, sometimes it’s a struggle to find activities that keep the little ones entertained.
That’s why we’ve compiled a list of some of the best activities for kids in Saskatoon!
1. Visit the Western Development Museum. This is the largest human history museum in Saskatchewan with a collection of over 75,000 artifacts.
2. Enjoy some drop-in painting at Wet Paint Pottery. This is a great way to have fun and use your creativity!
3. Cool down at River Landing Spray Pad or another neighbourhood spray pad- a fun and free way to explore the different areas of Saskatoon and splash around on a hot day! They run from June through September.
4. Drop in at Clip N Climb and enjoy the mixes of climbing with obstacle course elements. This is a great activity for all ages and levels of experience.
5. Enjoy the exhibits at Nutrien Wonderhub. Their exhibits encourage kids to discover the world around them through curiosity, collaboration, and imagination.
6. Go on a hike along the Meewasin Trail and explore the natural habitat along the riverbank
7. Taste one of Saskatoon's best restaurants at A Taste of Saskatchewan in July.
8. Spend a day walking or biking around with your family
9. Enjoy Science Rendezvous- an annual festival that takes science out of the lab and onto the street. It is an open house and festival that is FREE for everyone! Don't miss this great science and engineering festival in May 2020.
10. Explore the Museum of Antiquities and discover the collections of Greek, Roman, Egyptian, and Near Eastern sculptures and artifacts.
11. Visit the Saskatoon Farmer's Market on the weekend and pick up some local produce. It's always great supporting local businesses!
12. Take the kids on a Fairy Door Tours and explore all the fairy and gnome houses. Come out and let your curiosity take over!
13. Spend a rainy day at at the house baking and decorating cookies with the kids! This was always one of my favourite things to do growing up.
14. Get your sweat on at We Move. Both adult and kid classes are offered. This is a great way to get out of the house while staying active at the same time.
15. Visit a pumpkin patch in the fall and choose the a big pumpkin to carve for halloween. If it's not Fall, visit a farm nearby for some yummy seasonal produce.
16. Take the kids to Family Games Night on Wednesday or Sunday nights throughout March 2020, or have a Family Games Night in your very own home!
17. Head to one of the movie theatre's nearby or have a family movie night at home!
18. Saskatoon has 5 indoor rinks where kids can do a variety of activities such as figure skating, speedskating, hockey and ringette. A perfect way to keep active and entertained throughout the winter!
19. Go tobogganing at George D Archibald Memorial Park (aka Pest Hill).
20. Rip around on the high-speed electric go-karts, fly high on the 200-foot zip line, challenge yourself on the obstacle course, and let the little ones jump in the bouncy castles! There is something for everyone at Stoked Centre
21. Cheer on the Huskies at one of their sports games!
Saskatoon hosts many seasonal events on top of the ones mentioned here, this list of the most popular events for your kids and families in Saskatoon features is regularly updated so you can search and browse for relevant kid-friendly events any time of year!
Read more about the author