Keeping kids engaged and active is something all parents want but lets face it, sometimes it’s a struggle to find activities that keep the little ones entertained.
That’s why we’ve compiled a list of some of the best activities for kids in Saskatoon!
1. Spend a day at Forestry Farm Park & Zoo, the naturally themed playground and Zoo are especially fun for kids. There is a toll charge to enter the heritage site but it’s only $2 per vehicle (May- Sept); if you want to go to the zoo though you have to pay a bit extra. You can even go fishing here!
2. Bring your scooters or skateboards to Lions Skatepark, or if your kids are too young, just pay a visit and watch the older kids do tricks.
3. Cool down at River Landing Spray Pad or another neighbourhood spray pad - a fun and free way to explore the different areas of Saskatoon and splash around on a hot day! They run from June through September.
4. Take part in one of the largest annual events, Saskatoon Ex. Rides at the midway, live music at the grandstand, free games and kids entertainment, and plenty of tasty treats!
5. Kinsmen Park has been around for over 100 years and continues to be a super popular destination for families in the summer. Nutrien Playland features a supervised paddling pool and accessible playground that provides hours of entertainment and fun for children of all ages and the rides are designed to maximize enjoyment for kids! The play area is free, or it's $2 to ride the ferris wheel, carousel, or train.
6. Go on a hike at Cranberry Flats and spend time at the large sandy beach.
7. Taste one of Saskatoon's best restaurants at A Taste of Saskatchewan in July.
8. Walk or bike along the picturesque Meewasin Trail.
9. Escape the city with a family campout at Gordon Howe Campground or one of the provincial parks nearby.
10. Head to the Children’s Discovery Museum, with exhibits to encourage creativity, curiosity and life-long learning. The best part …admission is cheap, $3.75 per person.
11. Visit the Saskatoon Farmers' Market on the weekend and pick up some local produce.
12. Light up your Labour Day weekend with the Nutrien Fireworks Festival at Rotary Park with a spectacular show set to music. There's also food trucks, bouncy castles, rides, and live entertainment beforehand, a perfect community event.
13. Spend a rainy day at Fun Factory on Quebec Ave, a 1600 square foot play unit complete with tunnels, slides, ball pits, and more!
14. Put your brainpower together as a family to get free from the Breakout Escape Room.
15. Visit Dutch Growers indoor pumpkin maze, free of charge!
16. Take a short drive to the Berry Barn for tea and dessert.
17. Fly high at the Apex Trampoline Park.
18. Saskatoon has 5 indoor rinks where kids can do a variety of activities such as figure skating, speedskating, hockey and ringette. A perfect way to keep active and entertained this winter!
19. Drive through the Enchanted Forest for a magical evening to get in the Christmas spirit.
20. Go tobogganing at George D Archibald Memorial Park (aka Pest Hill).
21. Cheer on the Huskies at one of their sports games!
Saskatoon hosts many seasonal events on top of the ones mentioned here, this list of the most popular events for your kids and families in Saskatoon features is regularly updated so you can search and browse for relevant kid-friendly events any time of year!
Read more about the author