Summer is sneaking up on us. Soon the kids will be out from school, and begging to do awesome adventures. We've created a "bucket list" of sorts to keep you and your family busy and happy!
So here’s a ChatterBlock's favorite things to fill up summer. Try a few, or try them all! Some require a little bit of cash, but most of them just require a little bit of time.
1. Have a campout in your backyard
2. Try horseback riding
3. Run a lemonade or iced tea stand
4. Plant flowers, seeds or herbs. Reserve a portion of the garden exclusively for the kids.
5. Homemade pizza night: let the kids create their own individual pizzas
6. Take a boat ride or even take sailing lessons
7. Discover a new beach and make massive sandcastles!
8. Send a love letter to grandma and grandpa
#8: send a love letter to Grandma & Grandpa
9. Go on a scavenger hunt, even if it’s in the garden — hours of fun!
10. Skip stones at a river or lake
11. Fly a kite
12. Play miniature golf
13. Grab your favorite magazines and make a poster collage.
14. Switch up your hairstyle or just have a spa day at home, with hair sprays and accessories.
15. Spend time on a farm. You could even see if any farms need a helping hand in return for fresh veggies or a horse ride.
16. Spend time with grandparents
17. Collect seashells and make a collage for a friend’s summer birthday present.
18. Keep a summer journal
19. Have a pyjama day — one big sleepover day. Show your kiddies your favourite childhood movies.
20. Big clean! Have a garage sale and let the kids have their own table (and keep the profits).
21. Visit a friend who lives far away
22. Set up canvases outside and let your little one get messy trying some finger painting or splatter painting
23. Learn on a new sport or practise a current one
24. Go on a road trip, even a mini one-day road trip can be epic
25. Have lunch at work with dad
26. Bake. Make cupcakes for grandma or a loaf of bread for dinner.
27. Go to Slide the City (it's in most major cities)
28. Collect beach rocks, paint them, and put them in the new kids’ garden.
29. Sign up for a summer reading program.
30. Press flowers and make cards or framed pictures with the dried petals.
31. Learn to scooter/bike/roller blade/skate
32. Do a reallllllyy big puzzle
33. Play a new board game — have a games night once a week with the whole family!
34. Eat gelato - be brave and try a fun new flavor
35. Decorate the sidewalk or driveway with chalk, don’t forget hopscotch
36. Try a new hike or walk every week
37. Host a dinner party or try a murder mystery dinner party game
38. Write a poem to give to a relative you love or don’t see very often
39. Try out new recipes - we love making guacamole and salsa!
40. Build a fort indoors or outdoors
Share your adventure stories by commenting below or emailing firstname.lastname@example.org.