If you find yourself asking the question, “When is Spring Break?”, we checked with the calendars of all the main school districts (Victoria, Sooke, and Saanich) and spring break this year is the same for all: March 20 to March 31, 2017. If your child is in a private school, make sure you check the school's website before finalizing any plans.
If you’re sticking around town, chances are you will want to find activities for your kids. A good place to start is our listing of spring break camps where we have 100+ different choices throughout Greater Victoria.
We also list here some of the top spring break camps, if you're just looking for some ideas.
Top Full Day & Half Day Camps in Victoria
For parents looking for all-day programs during spring break, there are many different choices here in Victoria. Most of the rec centres throughout Victoria offer affordable all-day camps that combine a variety of activities such as swimming, arts and crafts, sport and other activities. The popular ones seem to be at Esquimalt Recreation Centre, Braefoot Community Association, Oak Bay Rec, Panorama, and Crystal Pool. But there are many other great options throughout the city!
Whatever sport your child likes to play, there’s probably a spring break camp somewhere in Victoria.
- Football Camp is offered by Canvas Camps and they will be hoping to have an NFL player there to help. A very cool experience if you have a football fan.
- World Cup Soccer is at Topaz Park and run by the City of Victoria, where there will be time to practice skills and drills with Brett Hyslop and Steph Steiner from World Cup
- Flippin' fun with Gymnastics Camps at Victoria Gymnastics
- Golf Camp for that future Tiger Woods
- Kayaking Camp for first timers or who are looking to develop more skills
- Horseback Riding Camp is offered through Panorama but at Westside Stables
- Develop their hockey skills with NHL Hockey Camps
Camps in The Arts
Have a crafty child? Or once who just loves to perform? These are some great options.
- Crafty is offering spring break camps that give a nice variety from painting to working with clay and sewing, all with spring as the inspiration!
- Acting and Improv Camp for your aspiring actor
- Making sculptures or personalized dishes at Pottery Camp
- Sewing camp - Kids will learn to use a sewing machine and do some of their own projects. Best part? They can even wear their creation!
- 4Cats is offering art camps with Choose Your Own Adventure theme
Really Cool and Interesting Camps
Whenever I do a deep dive into the camps getting listed by local businesses, I'm always surprised at what I find. Here’s a selection of spring break camps that fit into the super cool and interesting category:
- Minecraft themed engineering camps - Engineering for Kids has some awesome camps for kids who want to design and build. I know a kid or too who would LOVE this.
- Learn how to be a detective with crime scene science! Run by Mad Science Vancouver Island.
- Byte Camp is offering basic coding lessons so kids can make their very own games!
- Have you kids cooking your dinners in no time with Kids in the Kitchen Camp!
This is just a small sampling of the hundreds of programs and camps offered throughout Victoria for spring break. If you didn’t find exactly what you’re looking for, it’s best to check out ChatterBlock’s full listing of spring break programs and camps where you can sort and filter search results by location and age to help find a program right for your child.
Are you someone providing spring break activities? Please list your camp with us so that parents can easily find you (and it's free to do).
Enjoy your spring break!
Read more about the author