1. Aggie Days
See the farm while it comes right to the city! This event is fun for all ages, you'll get to see real farm animals and learn where your food comes from!
Saturday & Sunday April 6th-7th from 10am-4pm
At Stampede Park
2. Nerf Wars
A fun and unique way to spend your Saturday evenings! Drop in for Nerf Wars at the Trico Center, where up to 45 players under the ages of 17 can play. There are loaner Nerf guns and eye protection available or you can bring your own N'strike compatible Nerf gun. All darts provided.
Saturdays at 6:30pm & 7:30pm
Trico Centre for Family Wellness
Experience the magic of film with a LIVE orchestra! The movie will be playing in high-definition on a giant scren while the Calgary Philharmonic Orchestra performs the score. Relive every magical moment as the music brings life to a story that has enchanted the world.
Friday April 12th at 7pm
Southern Alberta Jubilee Auditorium
Easter Events Around Calgary
The Easter bunny is on its way, along with some awesome events and community egg hunts. Here's a snapshot of the many ideas for celebrating Easter weekend (or some beforehand):
4. Easter Egg Hunt at McKenzie Towne Hall - Saturday April 13th from 10am-Noon
5. The Great Eggscape - Free event with RSVP with an egg hunt, egg decorating, games, and more. Saturday April 13th from 10am-Noon or 1pm-3pm at the New Brighton Clubhous
6. Hippity Hoppity Easter - Saturday April 13th from 11am-1pm at Lake Bonavista for an egg hunt, crafts, petting zoo and more. Register before!
7. Legendary Hunt at Butterfield Acres - On Friday & Saturday April 19th-20th plus the weekend before 13th-14th, listen to Easter stories, take part in the scavenger hunt, make your own take-home spring plant, and of course play with the farm animals!
8. Easter Weekend @ Calgary Farmers' Market - Open all Easter weekend April 19th-21st! During the afternoon from 10am-2pm will be special Easter festivities for all ages
9. Easter Eggstravaganza at Calgary Zoo - Enjoy a whole array of family-friendly activities on April 19th-20th with regular admission
10. Marda Eggfest - The Easter bunny is coming to Marda Loop on Saturday April 20th!
11. Taste of Jamaica
Enjoy a showcase of Jamaican culture! You can expect food, music, dancing, and more, where the association shares their rich, warm Jamaican culture with Albertans.
Saturday April 20th from Noon-8pm
Theorncliffe Greenview Community Association
12. POW! Parade of Wonders
Get ready to see Calgary’s finest fandom take to the street. The POW! Parade of Wonders is a cosplay parade celebrating pop culture and creativity in Calgary’s downtown, and the official kick off to the Calgary Comic & Entertainment Expo! Kids always have a blast watching their favourite superheroes and characters walk the parade. We recommend arriving before 10:30 a.m. to get a great spot.
Friday April 26th at 10:30am
Along Stephen Avenuefrom 8th St to Olympic Plaza
Find some hand-made treasures and unique gift ideas at one of Calgary's artisan markets.
13. Make It! Calgary's Handmade Market - Over 110 hand made goodies at Deerfoot Mall, the weekend of April 5th-7th
14. Calgary Night Market - Enjoy the live market on Friday nights at Eau Claire Market
15. Summer Camp Planning
Did you know we have the most comprehensive listing of summer camps in all of YYC? Not only do we have over 170 camp providers listed, we have 300+ camp sessions listed, so you can easily search, browse, or filter for the perfect summer camp for your family. Try it out here!
Read more about the author