During the Summer Seattle's weather makes every day the perfect opportunity to get out and see this amazing city.
1. Explore the beauty of nature and art at Chihuly Garden and Glass.
2. Let your inner rock star shine at the Museum of Pop Culture where you can show off your musical prowess.
3. Turn your kids into little foodies at Pike Place Market.
4. Spot whales, search for octopus, and sail on the Puget Sound.
5. Bring your whole family to the top of the world at the Space Needle.
6. Let your kids go ape crazy at the Woodland Park Zoo.
7. Immerse yourself in modern machinery while surrounded by stunning Seattle views at Gas Works Park.
8. Something's fishy! Enjoy a day under water at the Seattle Aquarium.
9. Feed your childrens' imaginations with a visit to the Freemont Troll.
10. Create little mad scientists by bringing your children to the Pacific Science Center.
11. See what drew pioneers west all those years ago at the Seattle Unit of the Klondike Gold Rush Center.
12. Experience the beauty of Japanese culture and flowers at the Japanese Garden.
13. Check out the history of the world without ever leaving Seattle at the Burke Museum of Natural History.
14. Gaze over the famous waterfront on the Seattle Great Wheel.
In Autumn, Seattle is bustling with activities sure to make each day feel like a never ending adventure. With all of the areas surrounding Seattle offering up unique activities, what better time to see some more of Washington?
15. Turn your kids into adventurers by letting the navigate the corn mazes at Bob's Corn, Maze and Pumpkin Farm just outside Seattle.
16. Take a trip to one of the many apple farms near Seattle and pick your own delicious fruit.
17. See the Salmon swim home at the Ballard Locks.
18. Take a trip into nature see Snoqualmie Falls in all its glory.
19. Woodland Park Zoo makes the list again, specifically for their Pumpkin Blast. Wear your costumes and bring your candy bucket for an added treat.
20. The winds start picking up, so grab a kite and spend some time flying it at one of the many local parks.
21. Bring your kids to the event made just for them, the Seattle Children's Festival.
22. Check out Kelsey Creek Farm during their fair in mid-October.
23. Do you have a builder? Bring them to BrickCon for an unforgettable experience.
24. Give your kids the sugar rush they crave at Sugar Factory.
25. Enjoy the colors of fall in the middle of the city at Washington Park Arboretum Botanical Gardens.
26. Take your kids to a comedy or musical for a night of theatrical fun at the Paramount Theater.
In the Winter, the snow turns Seattle and the surrounding area into a wonderland for kids of all ages.
27. Head to Snoqualmie for some gnarly sledding and tubing.
28. Take a day trip to the Bavarian Alps, just kidding, but a trip to Leavenworth will make you think you're there.
29. Bounce, slide, flip, and tumble at the world's largest indoor aerial park BoomShaka.
30. Pick one of the many spots around town for a delicious cup of hot chocolate, maybe take a run too at the Hot Chocolate 15k/5k.
31. Teach your kids how to glide at Sno-King Ice Arena.
32. Check out the kid-catered shows put on by the Seattle Children's Theater.
33. Celebrate the Vietnamese Lunar New Year at the Tet Festival.
34. Trade in your child's too small bike for the next size up at the Seattle Bike Swap.
35. See computers and all of their power at the Living Computers Museum and Labs.
36. Still looking to take a dip? Take your kids to one of Seattle's many indoor pools.
37. Another double dipper, the Seattle Aquarium's Octopus Week is sure to excite all the animal lovers in your family.
38. For a real get away, head to Portland for unique options to beat the cold and explore a new city.
39. Enjoy a family night of fun at West Seattle Bowl.
40. Got a baseball fan? Get them ready for some Mariners baseball at the Safeco Field FanFest.
41. Winter is the perfect time to see the whales playing in Puget Sound.
Spring in Seattle has its own fun surprises, and a list of ways to get your whole family out of the house to enjoy the sun.
42. In April, the Seattle Center Armory is transformed into a child's paradise called Whirligig.
43. Take your family to Skagit Valley to enjoy the beautiful tulips at the Skagit Valley Tulip Festival.
44. Show your children the importance of global peace and friendship at the International Children's Friendship Festival.
45. See the best Washington has to offer at the Washington State Spring Fair.
46. Show your children the culture of Japan at the Seattle Cherry Blossom & Japanese Cultural Festival.
47. Give your children a non-stop fun adventure at the Mercer Island Preschool Association's Annal Circus.
48. The Evergreen State Fair Cinco de Mayo Festival is a great way to show your kids culture while enjoying rides and games.
49. Celebrate and enjoy the cultural climate in Seattle at the Northwest Folklife Festival.
50. Take a trip to one of the nearby mountains for an unforgivable hike.
51. Take a weekend trip up to Vancouver, Canada to see some of the best that Canada has to offer.
52. Show your kids how planes have changed through time at the Museum of Flight.
53. Head up to Golden Gardens Park to spot some amazing aquatic wildlife in the tide pools.
So get out there and show your family Seattle and the surrounding area. With these options, everyone in your family will find something to love everywhere you go.
Looking for more awesome events in Seattle? Feel free to check out ChatterBlock's Community Events Page.
Read more about the author