Need some motivation to get out of the house? Check out these cool spots where your kids can run wild, learn, or interact with others their age. These spots are perfect for fall, spring, or summer outings.
1. Let your kids learn about forests in Oregon and around the world at the World Forestry Center and Discovery Museum.
2. Do your kids love animals? Bring them to the Oregon Zoo where adorable elephants bathing is not an uncommon sight.
3. Washington Park is a gorgeous 400-acre park with playgrounds and a beautiful rose garden.
4. If you are looking for an awesome amusement park with rides, mini golf, and more, Oaks Park is the perfect place for a day of adventure. They even do birthday parties!
5. Fancy going back in time? Head over to Fort Vancouver to see how the people of the past lived, and learn a lesson or two.
6. Want to teach your children the importance of sustainable farming and locally sourced foods all while eating healthy and delicious? Then take your family to one of Portland's many farmers markets.
7. The Portland Saturday Market is the perfect place to expose your kids to art and pick up a treat along the way.
8. Hop in your car and bring the family over to Mount Hood for an unforgettable hike, picnic, or camping trip.
9. Speed up the Williamette River on a speedboat with Williamette Jetboat Excursions.
10. For a peaceful, self-powered tour of the city, we suggest renting a bike with Kerr Bikes and enjoying a beautiful waterfront ride.
11. Let your kids run wild in the water fountains of Jamison Square Park.
12. Bring your kids to the pool, the wave pool that is. The North Clackamas Aquatic Park is the place to make a splash.
13. The Columbia River Gorge National Scenic Area offers the whole family a chance to completely immerse in nature.
14. The International Rose Test Garden, located in Washington Park, lets your kids see the beauty of flowers in a artistically curated way.
15. To give your kids a truly memorable weekend, why not head to Seattle or Vancouver? You'll get to explore a new city, and your children will get to experience a different city vibe!
16. If you want a water park that will be open rain or shine, Wings and Waves Waterpark is the place for your family. Your kids will have blast!
17. Do your kids have a need for speed? If so bring them to the World of Speed Motorsports Museum where fast is the only speed.
18. For the future firefighter in the family the Historic Belmont Firehouse is the place to go.
19. For a unique trip into a submarine, bring your kids to the USS Blueback at the Oregon Museum of Science and Industry.
20. If you child hopes to grow up and wear blue, bring them to the Portland Police Museum.
21. Bring your kids to the Portland Children's Museum for a chance to make beautiful homemade art and to travel to distant worlds of imagination.
22. For those who love trains, the Oregon Rail Heritage Center is the perfect stop. Choo choo choo!
23. Looking for a three story play area with plenty of space for parental relaxation? The PlayDate PDX should be the first stop on your list.
24. Let your kids flip out at JJ Jump, where the party is always jumpin'. Older kids will also love the glow-in-the-dark sessions.
25. Take a trip to the Clackamas Town Center to shop for all of your kids needs.
26. Want to learn more about Oregon? Check out the Oregon Historical Society Museum to turn your kids into history buffs.
27. Toy heaven you said? Your kids will sure think so after a trip to the Kidd's Toy Museum.
28. The Rice Northwest Museum of Rocks and Minerals is full of gorgeous specimens sure to make everyone's jaws drop.
29. The The Freakybuttrue Peculiarium is the perfect place to take your child who likes things a little off the beaten path.
30. Portland Rock Gym provides kids the perfect opportunity to test their strength and will.
31. Check out the LLoyd Center Mall for a chance to ice skate while you shop.
32. Pips and Bounce is a ping pong club that offers up a unique day out. They even do birthday parties.
33. KingPins Bowling offers up the classic family outing at a great price.
34. Oregon Children's Theater is the best place to catch a kid-friendly show any time of the year.
35. Let your kids discover the glory of art at the Portland Art Museum.
36. Let your child be a superhero, or a princess, or a wizard by letting them get lost in a book at one of Portland's many libraries.
37. Travel to China without ever leaving Portland with a trip to the Lan Su Chinese Garden.
38. Let your kids fly through the air while contained in the perfect chariot on the Portland Aerial Tram.
39. Portland is also home to some of the best restaurants in the world, so why not treat your family to an amazing meal from any corner of the world? For example, a great kid friendly place to grab a treat is Baker & Spice.
40. The Pittock Mansion is a beautiful place to learn about Portland's history while enjoying fantastic architecture.
Hopefully this list will help you get started on planning your next awesome family adventure. Whether you stay indoors or venture out, Portland has something for every member of your family.
Looking for more awesome events in Portland? Feel free to check out ChatterBlock's events page.
Read more about the author