Ready to make the most of this city year round? Each season brings new adventures and things to do. I hope this list has you discovering new places and making wonderful memories with your family.
1. Go on fun amusement park rides at Playland, and enjoy sugary treats like churros and mini doughnuts.
2. Find a spot on the beaches of English Bay to watch the firework displays presented by Honda Celebration of Light during the summer.
3. Sunbathe and play beach volleyball at Kitsilano Beach.
4. Tackle moderate hiking trails like the Deep Cove Lookout Trail to enjoy the view at the peak and get some fresh air.
5. Get wet at the Granville Water Park. There are two slides and multiple sprays and fountains available. Also check out some of ChatterBlock's favourite spray parks in Metro Vancouver.
6. Go on a trip to Granville Island to dine on the patio of restaurants and explore the marketplace.
7. Kayak at Deep Cove. Enjoy the beautiful scenery, and even visit some of the boutiques by the water.
8. Grab some ice cream from La Casa Gelato, which has 238 different flavours on-site at all times.
9. Visit the stalls at the Richmond Night Market to find great deals and bargains and delicious snacks and beverages. The market runs in the summer through to early fall.
10. Celebrate diversity at the Vancouver Pride Parade. This large parade attracts over 650,000 participants each year.
11. Enjoy the Powell Street Festival which is the longest running community art festival in the Lower Mainland/
12. Conquer the Grouse Grind, which is also known as Mother Nature's stairmaster. Remember to pack lots of snacks and water.
13. Have a picnic at Stanley Park, or just take a stroll on the seawall.
14. Go camping at one of the many campgrounds available just outside of the city.
15. On a nice summer night take the family out to watch an outdoor performance hosted by Theatre Under the Stars.
16. Smell the flowers and watch them bloom at the VanDusen Botanical Garden.
18. Have fun going on rides, visiting haunted houses, and being scared by ghostly employees by going to Fright Night at the PNE.
19. Take part in one of Vancouver's largest art crawls with the Eastside Cultural Crawl.
20. Pay tribute to fallen soldiers in the Victoria Day Remembrance Day Ceremony. There's a parade after the ceremony.
21. Find fresh produce at one of the many fall farmer's markets in the area.
22. Taste dishes made in some of the best restaurants in the area during Taste of Yaletown. Participating restaurants offer special menus at discounted rates. (This is great for budget-conscious parents who still want to have a night out).
23. Join in on the fun and take part in Vancouver's Hallowe'en Parade and Expo.
24. Take a tour in the scarier parts of town by going on the Haunted Vancouver Trolley Tour. The tour takes a total of 2.5 hours and brings guests to the Mountainview Cemetery.
25. Rake leaves into a pile and jump into them for some outdoor fun.
26. On a brisk fall day, bundle up with the kids and watch one of our favourite kid-friendly Halloween movies for kids.
27. Buy a turkey to make a delicious Thanksgiving Day dinner together as a family. If you get tired of having turkey leftover, feel free to try one of these unique recipes.
28. Grab a slice of pie at The Pie Shoppe. The pumpkin pie, in particular, is a big hit during the holiday season.
29. Sit back and relax with a cup of tea at the Vancouver Tea Festival. The festival is held at the Nikkei National Museum and Cultural Centre in Burnaby.
30. Enjoy some delicious meals and foods at EAT! Vancouver. All proceeds from this festival go towards the Vancouver Food Bank.
31. Make a visit to one of the many Vancouver public libraries to find great books to read during colder days.
32. Indulge in the arts by going to the Vancouver International Film Festival 2020. The festival brings together some of the best foreign and internationally-acclaimed films.
33. Laugh until it hurts at the 2020 Vancouver International Improv Festival.
34. Go ice skating outdoors at Robson Square which is located in the heart of downtown.
35. Sip on some delicious hot chocolate from one of the vendors participating in Vancouver's Hot Chocolate Festival.
36. When the weather gets really cold (and it actually snows), make snow angels or snowmen with the family.
37. Try new restaurants at great prices during Dine Out Vancouver. Each restaurant will offer set meals featuring some of their best and most popular dishes at discounted prices.
38. Have some festive fun at the Vancouver Christmas Market.
39. Take a stroll in the Festival of Lights and Enchanted Nights. The light decorations are simply amazing.
40. Take a photo with Santa Claus at one of the many malls in the area.
41. Check out the best places to go tobogganing in Vancouver
42. Go skiing or snowboarding down the slopes of Whistler.
43. Have a family game night.
44. Wander through the Burnaby Village Museum to see historic museums decked out in beautiful lights.
45. See the Canyon Lights in Vancouver.
46. Cheer on the Vancouver Canucks at a home game.
47. Visit the Vancouver Aurora Winter Festival 2020.
48. Explore the many exhibits that are being presented at the Science World.
50. See the Nutcracker come to life on stage.
52. Learn about the conservation of aquatic life at the Vancouver Aquarium. There are whales, otters, and plenty of other marine animals.
53. Visit the Museum of Vancouver. It offers many Vancouver-focused exhibitions and programs.
54. Learn more about B.C.'s history at the Museum of Anthropology at UBC.
55. Stroll through the Rose Gardens at UBC. It's a floral wonderland, and one of the many attractions offered at the university.
56. Bike along the seawall, at one of the many trails available or around the neighbourhood.
57. Watch the cherry blossoms bloom in the Cherry Blossom Festival this April.
58. Take a ride on the Easter Train at Stanley Park.
59. Make Easter eggs at home by painting boiled eggs using kid-friendly paints.
60. Hide Easter treats around the house for a fun Easter egg hunt.
61. Bring out the pillows for International Pillow Fight Day on April 4th, 2020.
62. Jam out to music at the Vancouver International Jazz Festival.
63. Go go-karting at TBC Indoor Racing in Richmond.
64. Have a picnic at the beach, or swim in one of the outdoor pools in Vancouver.
Looking for more awesome events in Vancouver? Feel free to check out ChatterBlock's Community Events Page.