You are currently viewing ChatterBlock in Charlotte NC. Change location by typing below:
There are plenty of activities for kids in the Sacramento area, from exploring local attractions to home-based activities.
Here are 88 of our favorites, sorted by season:
Share this article
There are several activities for kids in the Sacramento area, from cultural festivals to sporting events, as well as home-based things to do at home. Here are 88 suggestions by season, in no particular order:
Start thinking about getting outside as the weather starts to turn for the better:
1. Star Wars Day at the Sacramento Zoo
2. The International Kids Festival
3. Go roller skating at Foothill Skate Inn
4. Take in a show by the Christian Youth Theater
5. Take the family out to a restaurant where kids eat for free!
6. Indoor go-karting at K1 Speed
7. Download an activity guide, and take a trip to the California Museum
8. Visit an Escape Room
9. Go to Old Sacramento
10. Take up geocaching and find one of these toy caches
11. Take a virtual tour of the California State Capitol Museum
12. Get ready for baseball season by going to the batting cage at the Sacramento Sports Center
13. Try the Flight Zone Simulator at the Aerospace Museum of California
14. Visit the Effie Yeaw Nature Center
15. Take a trip to the Folsom County Zoo
16. Check out the Nimbus Fish Hatchery in Gold River
17. If you like dogs, go to the Sacramento Dog Show
18. See a live show by the California Musical Theatre
The season for theme parks, cultural festivals, and outdoor fun:
20. The California State Fair is an easy choice
21. Take a day trip to Funderland Park
22. Enjoy an outdoor movie
23. Do a Family Campout at Fairytale Town
24. Cheer on the River Cats at Raley Field
25. A day at Raging Waters--another easy choice.
26. Watch the 4th of July fireworks at one of the many popular venues
27. Cheer on the Sacramento Republic FC in United Soccer League (USL) action
28. Celebrate the Annual Sacramento Pow Wow
29. The Brazilian Day Sacramento Street Festival
30. If you like bananas, don't miss the annual Banana Festival
31.Play some mini-golf, and try some rides at the Scandia Family Fun Center
32.Visit Sutter's Fort State Historic Park
33. A Family Overnight Safari at the Sacramento Zoo
34. Have a day out at North Natomas Regional Park
35. Get immersed in Italian culture at Festa Italiana
36. Check out the Mariachi Festival de Sacramento
37. Chuck the frisbee around in the backyard
38. Take in the annual Fire Spectacular Festival
39. Be a tourist in your own home town and take one of the many historical or food tours
40. See one of the Roseville Concerts on the Square
41. Have a water balloon or water gun fight
42. Experience the Crawfish & Catfish Festival
43. Explore the Soujourner Truth African Heritage Museum
44. Visit the annual Sacramento Scandinavian Festival
45. Re-live the Sacramento Gold Rush Days on Labor Day Weekend
46. A Backyard BBQ is a necessity
47. Cool down at one of the local Spray Parks
48. Go out for ice cream at Leatherby's Family Creamery
49. Check out what's going on at the California Automobile Museum
50. Make a homemade slip and slide for your backyard
51. Take a tour of the Maidu Museum
52. The Sacramento Peach Festival at Carmichael Park
Take your mind off Back-to-School, and get ready for some colder weather.
53. Do NOT miss the annual Family Fest in Roseville
54. Cheer on the Sacramento Kings, while they are still in playoff contention
55. Get cultured at the International Festival in Davis
56. See some jousting at the Folsom Renaissance Faire
57. The Sacramento Reptile Show--the largest reptile exhibit in Northern California
58. Visit the Sacramento Greek Festival
59. Go to a local Pumpkin Patch--Dave's Pumpkin Patch at Vierra Farms is awesome!
60. Boo at the Zoo
61. Visit a Haunted House
62. Carve pumpkins with the kids
63. Take a drop-in art class at the Crocker Art Museum
64. Visit the Explorit Science Center
65. Visit the Powerhouse Science Center
66. Take the kids for a fun program at the Sacramento Children's Museum
67. The Annual Sacramento Art's Festival happens in early November
68. See what's playing at the Esquire IMAX Theatre
69. See a live performance by Young Actors Stage
70. Get the kids involved in one of the many programs at the Sacramento Public Library
71. Go Bowling--a good standby
Thanksgiving, Christmas, New Years... and much, much more!
72. The Global Winter Wonderland is a marquee event
73. Take the Polar Express Train Ride at the California State Railroad Museum
74. Celebrate Thanksgiving with the family, whether it's a parade, turkey, watching NFL, or all of the above!
75. Holiday Magic at the Sacramento Zoo
76. Winter Wonderland at Fairytale Town
77. Pictures with Santa... always a good one
78. Do a driving tour in your pajamas, and find all the best Christmas lights in town
79. Indoor Trampoline Parks like Sky Zone are a new active and fun indoor idea
80. Search for hand-crafted gifts at a Christmas Craft Fair
81. Go Ice Skating at Skatetown
82. Make a multi-family play date at a kid-friendly restaurant--Chuck E. Cheese's is a good standby
83. See a Stockton Heat hockey game
84. A DIY experiment is always fun!
85. Get creative and have a family paint night
86. See what's happening at the Davis Arts Center
87. Go to an indoor play center like Climbaroo
I am a chess master who works at ChatterBlock helping with content curation and customer support.
Love working here, learning lots of great social media stuff, and helping make sure our events content is great.
Favorite part of ChatterBlock - the events section.
What's Happening this Weekend?
Sign up for our newsletter & always be first to hear of cool local kid-friendly events.
Writing for ChatterBlock is a fun and easy way to share content with the ChatterBlock community.
Write for ChatterBlock
ChatterBlock Is the #1 Online Resource for Busy Parents
Copyright © 2011-2017 ChatterBlock Inc. All Rights Reserved.