Check out this great list of new activity ideas for you and your family to try!
1. Dallas Bloom at the Arboretum Botanical Society
2. Visit the Fort Worth Botanical Gardens as the roses start to bloom
3. Do NOT miss the St. Patrick's Day Parade & Festival
4. Take in a show at Stockyards Championship Rodeo!
5. The Annual Mayfest in Fort Worth.
6. Celebrate Easter at a community-wide Easter egg hunt.
7. Have a tea party at the beach once it's warm enough.
8. Family Night at the Dallas Zoo.
9. Visit one of Dallas' best playgrounds.
10. Check out the Children's Aquarium at Fair Park.
11. Enjoy the Air Power Expo during the DFW Navy Week.
12. Zipline through the the Trinity Forest Adventure Park.
13. Join a family program or see a movie at the Irving Arts Center.
14. Watch the Dallas Stars as they get ready for the National Hockey League playoffs.
15. Participate in one of the public programs at the Klyde Warren Park.
16. Take a family trip to the LEGOLAND Discovery Center--the ultimate indoor LEGO playground!
17. See an event at the Dallas Heritage Village.
18. Enjoy a puppet show at Geppetto's Marionette Theater.
19. Take the family out to a restaurant where kids eat for free!
20. Go to the Odditorium at Ripley's Believe it or Not in Grand Prairie.
21. Play some games at NickelMania.
22. Make some secretly healthy treats together as a family!
23. A Backyard BBQ is a necessity.
24. Watch the 4th of July Fireworks, at one of the many popular venues.
25. Cool down at one of our favorite water parks on a hot summers day.
26. Have a blast at the Zero Gravity Amusement Park.
27. Go for a Family Safari Night Hike at the Dallas Zoo.
28. Take a walk through the Dallas Arts District (another all-year activity).
29. Enjoy America's favorite past-time with the Texas Rangers.
30. Chuck the frisbee around in the backyard.
31. Shop at the Dallas Farmers Market.
32. Have a water balloon or water gun fight!
33. Be a tourist in your own home town and take one of the many historical or food tours.
34. Rent Kayaks at White Rock Paddle Co.
35. Visit the Trinity River Audubon Center.
36. Use Happy Trails map to navigate the city by bike.
37. Plan a family trip to Six Flags in Arlington.
38. Pick some blueberries at Blueberry Hill Farms.
39. Play mini-golf at Adventure Landing.
40. Visit the Dallas World Aquarium.
41. Go geocaching.
42. Make a homemade slip and slide for your backyard.
43. Check out what's playing by Dallas Summer Musicals.
44. Experience the city in a new way with a Dallas Segway Tour.
45. Visit Fair Park for the Taste of Dallas Food Fest.
46. Go-Karting at SpeedZone.
47. See what's going on at the Frontiers of Flight Museum.
48. See the annual Highland Village Balloon Festival.
49. Go to the North Texas Fair & Rodeo in Denton.
50. Cheer on the Dallas Wings in WNBA Action.
51. Enjoy an outdoor movie.
52. Visit River Legacy Park.
53. Get ice cream at Chills 360.
54. Make some glow in the dark play-doh and sand foam!
55. Cheer on the Cowboys (this really goes without saying).
56. Get into basketball season with a Mavericks NBA game.
57. Take in the State Fair of Texas at Fair Park.
58. Visit a Haunted House for Halloween.
59. Go to a local Pumpkin Patch--The Flower Mound Pumpkin Patch is awesome!
60. The annual Tom Thumb Texas Stampede.
61. Go roller skating at Southern Skates Roller Rink.
62. Get the kids involved in one of the many programs at the Dallas Public Library.
63. Participate in the Target First Saturdays (of each month) at the Nasher Sculpture Center.
64. Check out Free Family Fun programs at the Dallas Museum of Art.
65. Carve pumpkins with the kids.
66. Family Karaoke could either be fun, a disaster, or both.
67. Go Bowling--a good standby.
68. Medieval Times Dinner Theater is a novel idea.
69. Do a Family Sleepover at the Perot Museum--DFW's best museum for kids.
70. Experience the Dallas Dance Festival.
71. Play chess on the life-size board at Klyde Warren Park.
72. Boo at the Zoo - at either the Dallas Zoo or Fort Worth Zoo.
73. Autumn at the Arboretum.
74. Take part in The Plano International Festival.
75. Visit the National Scouting Museum.
76. Visit the Sixth Floor Museum at Dealey Plaza.
77. Plan a weekend day trip to SPARK! Adventures in Creativity.
78. Anything other than playing with a fidget-spinner.
79. Take in the Macy's Thanksgiving Day Parade.
80. Participate in the YMCA's annual Turkey Trot.
81. The Trains at NorthPark.
82. Search for hand-crafted gifts at a Christmas Craft Fair.
83. Watch a live show by the Dallas Children's Theatre.
84. Do a driving tour in your pajamas, and find all the best Christmas lights in town.
85. Make a multi-family playdate at a kid-friendly restaurant--Chuck E. Cheese's is a good standby.
86. Go to TopGolf for some mini golf or batting cage fun.
87. Pictures with Santa... always a good one.
88. Indoor Trampoline Parks like Jumpstreet are a new active and fun idea.
89. See a 3-D Movie at the Perot Museum of Nature and Science.
90. Visit one of the city's best indoor playgrounds. Affordable and fun!
91. See what's new and exciting at the North Dallas Toy Show. (a monthly event)
92. Plan a family trip to Great Wolf Lodge in Grapevine. (really an all year activity)
93. A DIY experiment is always fun!
94. Visit the Fort Worth Museum of Science and History.95. Get creative and have a family paint night.
96. Visit an Escape Room.
97. The Annual Children's Medical Center Holiday Parade.
98. Go ice skating at the Galleria.
99. Make a delicious frozen treat! We love these easy recipes.
We hope you enjoy exploring! Please share your own ideas we've missed in the comments below!
Read more about the author