There are plenty of activities for kids in the Dallas-Fort Worth area, but which one should you choose?
Here are 99 of our favorites!
1. Dallas Bloom at the Arboretum Botanical Society
2. Visit the Fort Worth Botanical Gardens as the roses start to bloom
3. Do NOT miss the St. Patrick's Day Parade & Festival
4. Take in a show at Stockyards Championship Rodeo!
5. The Annual Mayfest in Fort Worth
6. Celebrate Easter at a community-wide Easter egg hunt.
7. Have a tea party at the beach once it's warm enough.
8. Family Night at the Dallas Zoo
9. Visit one of Dallas' best playgrounds
10. Check out the Children's Aquarium at Fair Park
11. Enjoy the Air Power Expo during the DFW Navy Week
12. Zipline through the the Trinity Forest Adventure Park
13. Join a family program or see a movie at the Irving Arts Center
14. Watch the Dallas Stars as they get ready for the National Hockey League playoffs
15. Participate in one of the public programs at the Klyde Warren Park
16. Take a family trip to the LEGOLAND Discovery Center--the ultimate indoor LEGO playground!
17. See an event at the Dallas Heritage Village
18. Enjoy a puppet show at Geppetto's Marionette Theater
19. Take the family out to a restaurant where Kids eat for free!
20. Go to the Odditorium at Ripley's Believe it or Not in Grand Prairie
21. Play some games at NickelMania
22. Anything other than playing with a fidget-spinner
23. A Backyard BBQ is a necessity
24. Watch the 4th of July Fireworks, at one of the many popular venues
25. Cool down at one of our favorite water parks on a hot summers day
26. Have a fun Day at the Zero Gravity Amusement Park
27. Go for a Family Safari Night Hike at the Dallas Zoo
28. Take a walk through the Dallas Arts District (another all-year activity)
29. Enjoy America's favorite past-time with the Texas Rangers
30. Chuck the frisbee around in the backyard
31. Shop at the Dallas Farmers Market
32. Have a water balloon or water gun fight.
33. Be a tourist in your own home town and take one of the many historical or food tours
34. Rent Kayaks at White Rock Padle Co.
35. Visit the Trinity River Audubon Center
36. Use Happy Trails map to navigate the city by bike
37. Plan a family trip to Six Flags in Arlington
38. Pick some blueberries at Blueberry Hill Farms
39. Play mini-golf at Adventure Landing
40. Visit the Dallas World Aquarium
41. Go geocaching
42. Make a homemade slip and slide for your backyard
43. Check out what's playing by Dallas Summer Musicals
44. Experience the city in a new way with a Dallas Segway Tour
45. Visit Fair Park for the Taste of Dallas Food Fest
46. Go-Karting at SpeedZone
47. See what's going on at the Frontiers of Flight Museum
48. See the annual Highland Village Balloon Festival
49. Go to the North Texas Fair & Rodeo in Denton
50. Cheer on the Dallas Wings in WNBA Action
51. Enjoy an outdoor movie
52. Visit River Legacy Park
53. Get ice cream at Chills 360
54. Anything other than playing with a fidget-spinner
55. Cheer on the Cowboys (this really goes without saying)
56. Get into basketball season with a Mavericks NBA game
57. Take in the State Fair of Texas at Fair Park
58. Visit a Haunted House for Hallowe'en
59. Go to a local Pumpkin Patch--The Flower Mound Pumpkin Patch is awesome!
60. The annual Tom Thumb Texas Stampede
61. Go roller skating at Southern Skates Roller Rink
62. Get the kids involved in one of the many programs at the Dallas Public Library
63. Participate in the Target First Saturdays (of each month) at the Nasher Sculpture Center
64. Check out Free Family Fun programs at the Dallas Museum of Art
65. Carve pumpkins with the kids.
66. Family Karaoke could either be fun, a disaster, or both
67. Go Bowling--a good standby
68. Medieval Times Dinner Theater is a novel idea
69. Do a Family Sleepover at the Perot Museum--DFW's best museum for kids.
70. Experience the Dallas Dance Festival
71. Play chess on the life-size board at Klyde Warren Park
72. Boo at the Zoo - at either the Dallas Zoo or Fort Worth Zoo
73. Autumn at the Arboretum
74. Take part in The Plano International Festival
75. Visit the National Scouting Museum
76. Visit the Sixth Floor Museum at Dealey Plaza
77. Plan a weekend day trip to SPARK! Adventures in Creativity
78. Anything other than playing with a fidget-spinner
79. Take in the Macy's Thanksgiving Day Parade
80. Participate in the YMCA's annual Turkey Trot
81. The Trains at NorthPark
82. Search for hand-crafted gifts at a Christmas Craft Fair
83. Watch a live show by the Dallas Children's Theatre
84. Do a driving tour in your pajamas, and find all the best Christmas lights in town
85. Make a multi-family playdate at a kid-friendly restaurant--Chuck E. Cheese's is a good standby.
86. Go to TopGolf for some mini golf or batting cage fun
87. Pictures with Santa... always a good one.
88. Indoor Trampoline Parks like Jumpstreet are a new active and fun idea
89. See a 3-D Movie at the Perot Museum of Nature and Science
90. Visit one of the city's best indoor playgrounds. Affordable and fun!
91. See what's new and exciting at the North Dallas Toy Show (a monthly event)
92. Plan a family trip to Great Wolf Lodge in Grapevine (really an all year activity)
93. A DIY experiment is always fun!
94. Visit the Fort Worth Museum of Science and History95. Get creative and have a family paint night.
96. Visit an Escape Room
97. The Annual Children's Medical Center Holiday Parade
98. Go ice skating at the Galleria
99. Once all that is done... Watch Netflix ;)
We hope you enjoy exploring! Please share your own ideas we've missed in the comments below!
Read more about the author