- John Muir
10 Ways to Celebrate Earth Day
1. Watch the sunrise.
2. Eat only things that grow in the ground or on bushes and trees for breakfast.
3. Take a hike/walk with friends in a natural area. Beaches, forests, slough, meadows, savannah's, bay lands are some options for a hike.
4. Invite your friends, playgroups, school etc… for a beach clean-up, forest clean up etc...
5. Plan an outdoor potluck picnic for lunch or dinner.
6. Plant something today that you can eat within 60 days.
7. Walk or bike or rollerblade everywhere you need to go today.
8. Lay on the grass and silently watch the sky for 5 minutes.
9. Try to have a completely waste free day with the exception of pooping.
10. Watch the sunset.