- John Muir
10 Ways to Celebrate Earth Day
1. Watch the sunrise.
2. Eat only things that grow in the ground or on bushes and trees for breakfast.
3. Take a hike/walk with friends in a natural area. Beaches, forests, slough, meadows, savannah's, bay lands are some options for a hike.
4. Invite your friends, playgroups, school etc… for a beach clean-up, forest clean up etc...
5. Plan an outdoor potluck picnic for lunch or dinner.
6. Plant something today that you can eat within 60 days.
7. Walk or bike or rollerblade everywhere you need to go today.
8. Lay on the grass and silently watch the sky for 5 minutes.
9. Try to have a completely waste free day with the exception of pooping.
10. Watch the sunset.
Read more about the author
Short but good article. Actually, we couldn't celebrate the Earth Day, because I was working all day long, but me and my kids had an arrangement to do it on this weekend and I feel like watching the sunset and taking a walk in natural area will be our way to spend it nicely.
What a lovely article and a good reminder of the beauties of life and nature ! I do think we should do those things way more often than on Earth day. Enjoying what nature can offer us is an everyday duty... eating what the ground can grow, take a walk and breath some fresh air... I live in a big city and this has made me understand how important those small details can be.