You are currently viewing ChatterBlock in Charlotte NC. Change location by typing below:
Easy Ideas for families to do on Earth Day.
Share this article
Nature's peace will flow into you as sunshine flows into trees. - John Muir
1. Watch the sunrise.
2. Eat only things that grow in the ground or on bushes and trees for breakfast.
3. Take a hike/walk with friends in a natural area. Beaches, forests, slough, meadows, savannah's, bay lands are some options for a hike.
4. Invite your friends, playgroups, school etc… for a beach clean-up, forest clean up etc...
5. Plan an outdoor potluck picnic for lunch or dinner.
6. Plant something today that you can eat within 60 days.
7. Walk or bike or rollerblade everywhere you need to go today.
8. Lay on the grass and silently watch the sky for 5 minutes.
9. Try to have a completely waste free day with the exception of pooping.
10. Watch the sunset.
Pam Worth MA, BCC is the founder of Tiny Treks (www.tinytreks.com), an innovative parent participation outdoor exploration program which has served thousands of families since 1997. Pam is also a
parent educator specializing in workshops on Healthy Lifestyles
for Families. Her uniquely effective parenting and teaching strategies were
developed through her 30 years of experience in early childhood, elementary and parent education along with teacher mentorship, and family coaching. Currently, Pam is a guest lecturer at parenting workshops throughout the country and is
recognized for pioneering outdoor education programing for early childhood. She also specializes in guiding families to reducing media interference, identifying creative boundaries and alternatives to media usage. Pam focuses on Mindful Parenting through creative ideas and tools.
her at: firstname.lastname@example.org
Short but good article. Actually, we couldn't celebrate the Earth Day, because I was working all day long, but me and my kids had an arrangement to do it on this weekend and I feel like watching the sunset and taking a walk in natural area will be our way to spend it nicely.
Posted by Lily J on Apr 18, 12:56 a.m. |
| Flag as abuse
What a lovely article and a good reminder of the beauties of life and nature ! I do think we should do those things way more often than on Earth day. Enjoying what nature can offer us is an everyday duty... eating what the ground can grow, take a walk and breath some fresh air... I live in a big city and this has made me understand how important those small details can be.
Posted by Alexia S on Apr 19, 6:06 a.m. |
| Flag as abuse
What's Happening this Weekend?
Sign up for our newsletter & always be first to hear of cool local kid-friendly events.
Writing for ChatterBlock is a fun and easy way to share content with the ChatterBlock community.
Write for ChatterBlock
ChatterBlock Is the #1 Online Resource for Busy Parents
Copyright © 2011-2017 ChatterBlock Inc. All Rights Reserved.