You are currently viewing ChatterBlock in Charlotte NC. Change location by typing below:
Get creative this Halloween with these super cool crafts! Guaranteed fun for kids AND mom!
Share this article
Halloween is a great time of year to get your kids in touch with their artistic side. These fun crafts that we found are the perfect adjunct to a festive night of pumpkin-carving!
Who doesn't love creepy-crawlies? This surprisingly simple craft meets science project is guaranteed to elicit tons of giggles!!
1. Have mom cut the gummy worms in quarters
2. Then get your little one to measure out 3 tablespoons of baking soda
3. Add the baking soda to 1 cup of warm water and stir well!
4. Mix the cut-up worms with the baking soda concoction, and let it sit for 15 minutes
5. While you're waiting, fill the second glass with vinegar
6. After the 15 minutes is up, remove the worms with a fork and lace them in the vinegar.....and Voila, you have wriggly, dancing worms!!!
The good ol' Jack-O-Lantern gets a make-over!! You kids will love these so much they'll never want to go back to the original.
1. Open your first colour of paint. Starting from the top of the pumpkin, spread the paint down along the inside of the ridges.
2. Grab your next colour and start adding it next to the first colour, drawing the same line down.
3. Repeat step #2 with a new colour each time until the pumpkin is filled in.
4. Let the paint dry...then turn off the lights and enjoy!!
Who thought spider webs could be so cute and pretty? I did this one with my niece and she LOVED it!
1. Lay out a sheet of wax paper.
2. Open the glue and pour it on the paper, making the pattern shown below
3. Then sprinkle a generous amount of glitter on the glue web. So much that you can't see any of the glue (shown below)
4. Shake off excess glitter, and let the spider web dry for at least 24 hours.
5. Once you are sure that the glue is completely dry, carefully peel of the spider web from the wax paper.
6. Yay, now you have your web! Now you just have to attach your cute little spider onto the web (it should have an adhesive dot on its back).
I'm a soon to be mom, currently residing in Victoria, B.C. I love all things outdoorsy, artsy, and foodsie! I have always enjoyed writing, and am thrilled to have joined ChatterBlock as a blogger!
What's Happening this Weekend?
Sign up for our newsletter & always be first to hear of cool local kid-friendly events.
Writing for ChatterBlock is a fun and easy way to share content with the ChatterBlock community.
Write for ChatterBlock
ChatterBlock Is the #1 Online Resource for Busy Parents
Copyright © 2011-2017 ChatterBlock Inc. All Rights Reserved.