ChatterBlock Inc. ("ChatterBlock") knows that you take your privacy seriously. We do, too. We are committed to giving you transparency of our privacy practices and control over your data in connection with ChatterBlock's Service (as defined in ChatterBlock's Terms of Service).
What Personal Information Does ChatterBlock Collect?
- Personal Information You Provide to Us: We receive and store any information you enter on our Service or provide to us in any other way. The types of Personal Information collected may include your name, email address, phone number, birthday or Facebook username, use information regarding your use of our Service, and browser information. We automatically receive your location when you use the Service. The Personal Information you provide is used for such purposes as allowing you to set up a user account and profile that can be used to interact with other users through the Service, improving the content of the Service, customizing the advertising and content you see, and communicating with you about specials and new features. We may also draw upon this Personal Information in order to adapt the Services of our community to your needs, to research the effectiveness of our network and Services, and to develop new tools for the community.
- Information Collected Automatically: When you use the Service, ChatterBlock automatically receives and records information on our server logs from your browser or mobile platform, including your location, IP address, cookie information, and the page you requested. We treat this data as non-Personal Information, except where we are required to do otherwise under applicable law. ChatterBlock only uses this data in aggregate form. We may provide aggregate information to our partners about how our customers, collectively, use our site, so that our partners may also understand how often people use their services and our Service.
How is My Information Shared?
Personal Information about our users is an integral part of our business. We neither rent nor sell your Personal Information to anyone. ChatterBlock may share your Personal Information only as described below.
- Friends: Your friends can see the activities you say “Remind me” for or “Add to Shortlist” into, first name and last initial, email, phone number, photo, hometown, link to your Facebook accounts (if you have connected your Facebook account to your ChatterBlock account), a list of your friends, tips you write, and items on your agenda/calendar.
- Individuals reading this information may use it or disclose it to other individuals or entities without our control and without your knowledge. We therefore urge you to think carefully about including any specific information you may deem private in Shouts or To Dos or other content (location or otherwise) that you create in the Service.
- Information Shared with Everyone: One of the primary reasons people use ChatterBlock is to share content with others. Information such as your name and photo, your hometown, a list of your friends, and the tips you write is shared by default with the ChatterBlock community.
The ChatterBlock service also has the following features that may allow you to share your information with others. Please remember that if you choose to provide personal information using certain features of the Service, that information may be available to the wider ChatterBlock community, or may be published on the ChatterBlock website, which is subject to indexing by third party search engines.
Sharing with Partners, in connection with business transfers, and for the protection of ChatterBlock and others:
- Our Partners: In addition to the data sharing described above, we enter into relationships with a variety of businesses and work closely with them. In certain situations, these businesses sell items or provide promotions to you through ChatterBlock's Service. In other situations, ChatterBlock provides services, or sells products jointly with these businesses. You can easily recognize when one of these businesses is associated with your transaction, and we will share your Personal Information that is related to such transactions with that business, unless you have elected not to be solicited by marketing partners during the registration process or through the account settings page.
- Business Transfers: If ChatterBlock or substantially all of its assets are acquired, or in the unlikely event that ChatterBlock goes out of business or enters bankruptcy, user information would be one of the assets that is transferred or acquired by a third party.
- Protection of ChatterBlock and Others: We may release Personal Information when we believe in good faith that release is necessary to comply with the law, including laws outside your country of residence; enforce or apply our conditions of use and other agreements; or protect the rights, property, or safety of ChatterBlock, our employees, our users, or others. This includes exchanging information with other companies and organizations (including outside of your country of residence) for fraud protection and credit risk reduction.
What About Cookies and Similar Technologies?
Cookies are alphanumeric identifiers that we transfer to your computer's hard drive through your browser to enable our systems to recognize your browser and tell us how and when pages in our site are visited and by how many people. ChatterBlock cookies do not collect Personal Information, and we do not combine the general information collected through cookies with other Personal Information to tell us who you are or what your email address is.
Most browsers have an option for turning off the cookie feature, which will prevent your browser from accepting new cookies, as well as (depending on the sophistication of your browser software) allowing you to decide on acceptance of each new cookie in a variety of ways.
Is Personal Information About Me Secure?
Your ChatterBlock account Personal Information is protected by a password for your privacy and security. You need to prevent unauthorized access to your account and Personal Information by selecting and protecting your password appropriately, and limiting access to your computer and browser by signing off after you have finished accessing your account.
ChatterBlock endeavors to safeguard user information to ensure that user account information is kept private. However, ChatterBlock cannot guarantee the security of user account information. Unauthorized entry or use, hardware or software failure, and other factors, may compromise the security of user information at any time.
What Personal Information Can I Access?
ChatterBlock allows you to access the following information about you for the purpose of viewing, and in certain situations, updating that information and ensuring that it is accurate and complete. This list will change as our Service changes.
- Phone number
- Email address
How Is Information Removed From My Account?
Even after you remove information from your account or profile, copies of that information may remain viewable elsewhere, to the extent it has been shared with others, it was otherwise distributed pursuant to your privacy settings, or it was copied or stored by other users. Removed and deleted information may remain on backup media for up to ninety (90) days prior to being deleted from our servers.
What If I Have Questions Or Concerns?
If you have any questions or concerns regarding privacy using the Service, please send a detailed message to: support@ChatterBlock.com. We will make every effort to resolve your concerns.